what's a safe score on the mock exams?

I’ve been hitting 60-68-% on the mock exams (CFA site). If I review the questions I missed + the questions I got right…would that help? What score should I get on the other mock exams to feel safe.

"Using Wiley for my CFA journey was by far the best option… I was able to pass on my first attempt.”– Moe E., Canada

65 or higher

I think 60% is cutting it pretty close. 70% is pretty much certain a pass. I think the line to draw is at 65% in order to be somewhat “comfortable” but I would shoot for 70%. 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

you would feel comfortable with 65%? I’ve been getting 75+ for ethics but lower than 60% for FRA

If you’ve taken more than 5 full mocks, and your average is 65% with a reasonably small standard deviation, then you have a great shot at passing

If your average is 70% or above, you will definitely pass

master the big areas and make sure you’re consistent and ace ethics and you’re pretty much home free. Same concept applies for L2. 

Big Dreams Require Big Sacrifices - VWJETTY

I was hitting above 85% on the mocks and managed to get above the 90th percentile in every topic. I overdid it so the exam was relatively easy. I would say to be ok on the exam, at least 65% would be necessary on the mocks. 

cfageist wrote:

I was hitting above 85% on the mocks and managed to get above the 90th percentile in every topic. I overdid it so the exam was relatively easy. I would say to be ok on the exam, at least 65% would be necessary on the mocks. 

wow great scoring. Looking at some of the CFAI question bank I begin to doubt myself. massive amounts of detail, especially on some of the accounting questions with long winded calculations. 

what undergrad did you do? 90% percentile is great! 

CFAI question bank is much harder than mocks and actual exams so do not worry. Just understand how to solve the questions.

I have an MBA with a focus in Finance so it helped a bit but I owe my score to the amount of questions I solved. A this point it is all about practice. Understanding is always better than doing a problem mechanically, but at this point if you do not understand something conceptually but understand how to solve a question based on how it is structured, just go with solving it without fully understanding as long as you get the points on the exam lol. 

Scoring 70+ on CFAI mocks (for L1 and L2) is where you want to be.  Above that threshold and you’ll be fine.

I got in or around the mid 50s in the mocks (passed the exam too) largely as you can never replicate the true exam conditions. They are great scores, get a good night sleep the night before the exam and the very best of luck!!

From my memory, the year I passed I was scoring between 63 and 73 on the 6-8 mock exams I did.  Mid 60s feels like a solid number to be shooting for.

Good luck everyone.

Pay close attention to the people who don't clap when you win.

Mid 60’s and you should be good.