what's a safe score on the mock exams?

I’ve been hitting 60-68-% on the mock exams (CFA site). If I review the questions I missed + the questions I got right…would that help? What score should I get on the other mock exams to feel safe.

65 or higher

I think 60% is cutting it pretty close. 70% is pretty much certain a pass. I think the line to draw is at 65% in order to be somewhat “comfortable” but I would shoot for 70%.

you would feel comfortable with 65%? I’ve been getting 75+ for ethics but lower than 60% for FRA

If you’ve taken more than 5 full mocks, and your average is 65% with a reasonably small standard deviation, then you have a great shot at passing

If your average is 70% or above, you will definitely pass

master the big areas and make sure you’re consistent and ace ethics and you’re pretty much home free. Same concept applies for L2.

I was hitting above 85% on the mocks and managed to get above the 90th percentile in every topic. I overdid it so the exam was relatively easy. I would say to be ok on the exam, at least 65% would be necessary on the mocks.

wow great scoring. Looking at some of the CFAI question bank I begin to doubt myself. massive amounts of detail, especially on some of the accounting questions with long winded calculations.

what undergrad did you do? 90% percentile is great!

CFAI question bank is much harder than mocks and actual exams so do not worry. Just understand how to solve the questions.

I have an MBA with a focus in Finance so it helped a bit but I owe my score to the amount of questions I solved. A this point it is all about practice. Understanding is always better than doing a problem mechanically, but at this point if you do not understand something conceptually but understand how to solve a question based on how it is structured, just go with solving it without fully understanding as long as you get the points on the exam lol.

Scoring 70+ on CFAI mocks (for L1 and L2) is where you want to be. Above that threshold and you’ll be fine.

I got in or around the mid 50s in the mocks (passed the exam too) largely as you can never replicate the true exam conditions. They are great scores, get a good night sleep the night before the exam and the very best of luck!!

From my memory, the year I passed I was scoring between 63 and 73 on the 6-8 mock exams I did. Mid 60s feels like a solid number to be shooting for.

Good luck everyone.

Mid 60’s and you should be good.