Already struggling with Level 1, please help

I am already struggling with CFA Level 1. I think my problem is I may have gone overkill. I bought the CFAI official books and the Kaplan premium course. When I was not getting what I wanted from Kaplan, I bought Mark Meldrum’s packet and to be fair to Mark his lectures are absolutely superb.

My problem is, I have very limited time, so I find myself jumping between official CFAI books, Kaplan books, Mark’s video’s etc.

My question is, has anyone used only Marks video’s and questions (with no reading) to pass this exam? I really dont like reading, and I find anyway I just dont have the time so I’d be keen to hear other peoples experience

Houston we have a problem

You may very well be right.

I need to work on my motivation, I just struggle to read any of the text books as they are boring.

What did you do to pass yours?

Ask yourself this question: how much more will you dislike reading the curriculum if you have to do it a second time?

two step process. you have to read the text but you also have to do it proactively (taking notes, understanding concepts). For L1 I think I just schweser and was ok but for further levels is where the CFAI text becomes paramount.

Not just a problem, a big problem.

Videos maybe? Not that they will cover the whole curriculum, but hey at least it solves part of the problem.

My advice at this point is: go with mark meldrum’s videos. You’re out of time and he knows how to summarize important concepts. Stop the jumping around stuff and focus at the task at hand.

Before suggesting tips in order to study, please answer these questions:

1. What is your background?
  2. Why do you want to pursue the CFA® designation?
  3. What do you want to do after you get your charter?
  4. Which study sessions do you find boring?

Best.

one word of advice from me, having sat the exam on Saturday.

rather take the long road. USE CFAI content , do blue box questions, do EOCqs, leave no stone unturned. Otherwise you might, like me, walk out feeling that you cheated yourself.

the exam is fair, but you have to know your work and know it WELL.