CFAI Materials + Meldrum Sufficient?

Hello everyone,

I am sitting for the June exam after not passing the December (on me, didn’t dedicate the necessary time and spent 75% of it reading which was not the right way obviously).

I am wondering if the Meldrum study package + CFAI materials is enough to get me through. My plan is to just read through material again once, watch his videos and grind out practice as much as possible. Should I be adding a different study material as well (like Schweser) to use instead of (or with) the CFAI materials?

Thanks!

"Using Wiley for my CFA journey was by far the best option… I was able to pass on my first attempt.”– Moe E., Canada

Bm323 wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am sitting for the June exam after not passing the December (on me, didn’t dedicate the necessary time and spent 75% of it reading which was not the right way obviously).

I am wondering if the Meldrum study package + CFAI materials is enough to get me through. My plan is to just read through material again once, watch his videos and grind out practice as much as possible. Should I be adding a different study material as well (like Schweser) to use instead of (or with) the CFAI materials?

Thanks!

Hi! I used Meldrum videos and Schweser Qbank (completed close to 95% of the questions) when I passed lvl 1 in December 2016. 

Lvl 1 requires you have the basics down pretty well so doing the as many practice problems as possible is key to success.

Doing problems > reading the curriculum.

Edit: I also completed the EOCs from curriculum and the CFAI material provided online. 

It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.