Taking a crack at lvl 1

I attempted to begin studying the lvl 1 material through Kaplan using their full package about a year ago in preparation for the June '18 lvl 1 exam. Basically what happened was I began to feel overwhelmed. I am a CFP (FWIW*) and have an understanding of basic TVM concepts however I felt that the QM basics were a little over my head. I also felt as if I had a time crunch as the test rapidly approached and returned the materials and took a break until now. I want to attempt the Dec '19 lvl 1 exam and am looking for suggestions on study material. I hear the CFAI material is better for someone like myself as it gives a better high level overview rather than getting so deep in the weeds as Kaplan did. Any help is appreciated.

What’s FWIW*? Also, why are you starting so late? I use mostly Kaplan. I also use Mark Meldrum and IFT video’s for tough topics. I’m using CFAI blue box and eoc’s after i finish reading kaplan. then I plan to drill on kaplan q-bank, cfai q-bank, and wiley q-bank; and all of their mock exams. I plan to end with CFAI mocks.

I have a finance degree so my perspective may be very different than yours. I found the volume of the cfai books intimidating thats why i bought kaplan.

You clearly didn’t read my post. I stated I’m planning on sitting for December 19. FWIW = for what it’s worth.

For me the CFAI books are the most thorough but they require the most amount of time to get through. I’m using the Schweser notes, and their QBank questions after the reading. I’m trying to get through the material as quickly as I can and then onto straight questions. Will add into CFAI questions after I’m done with the Schweser notes. I’m taking the exam June 2019.

Consider Wiley: their video content at Level 1 I found were excellent and provided me a much needed (fairly) comprehensive alternative to the reading material.