Sign up  |  Log in

Cutting losses on difficult topics

Hey folks, 

Do you think pretty much neglecting only a couple dead-end topics two wouldn’t be as bad seeing they’re both very minor portions?Is anyone else simply spending maybe 5% of their time on one or two extremely difficult topics, and spending the other 95% of their time on topics in which they’re stronger? For example, the Economics FX chapter and the Derivatives Pricing/Valuation chapter are absolute dead-ends for me so I am literally spending infinitesimal time on them..

Thanks everyone!

You’re ready to take on the CFA® Program, so stop guessing where you should begin. You give us your study dates, we’ll give you the study plan. Our adaptive activity feed breaks down your 300 hours into bite-sized weekly tasks that fit into your life.

It says you’re a level 2 candidate and you’re posting in level 1, so not sure what advice will be given lol. there are low hanging fruits in all topics and you still have time. 

CA, CFA, FRM