CFA enrolment requirements

Hi and good afternoon. The situation is that when I started the enrollment process through the CFA webpage I found these entrance requirements:

Entrance Requirements there are 3 main requirements to present the CFA: “To register for your exam, you must meet one of the following entrance requirements.” Select how you qualify* 1) I have completed a bachelor’s degree or equivalent program. Does my degree qualify? 2) I am a student in my final year of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent program. 3) I have 48 months of full-time professional work experience or full-time professional work experience and undergraduate education. The situation is that I´m actually in the 7th semester of my bachelor degree in Financial administration, which has a duration of 9 semesters, I want to sign up for the CFA level 1 exam this December, and by that month I would already finish my 7th semester, starting my 8th in January so theoretically I would be in my last year at the time I present the exam. Do I fit in in the entrance requirements to present this December? I´m excited to present this December and I truly believe that with the right discipline and time I can pass the exam, but I just wanna be sure that I can present according to the entrance requirement.

Does anyone know someone who had presented before his last college year? and for those who already presented, does the CFA institute ask you for some kind of grades or something to make sure you are in your last year?

I wish you can help me with this one.

Thank You

PD: I already send an email to CFA institute and they told that it will be better to wait to June, but I remember knowing people who already had level 1 before their last year and didn´t have any situation, just wanna know if you guys know a situation alike.

I don’t know enough to comment on the requirements but go for June unless you’re planning on doing the 18-month track.

You can go for the December exam. As at the exam time you will be at 4th year. I know few candidates who applied at the end of the 3rd year but actual exam took place in next year when they are final year student. In my case applied in September last year, I was final year student, but this June when I sit for the exam I’m already graduate. So I think in your case it will not be a problem if you enroll in the December exam.