Failed Level 1 Dec

It was my first try, and my results aren’t as good as I thought (couple below 50, couple 50). I’m def retaking it in June, but just wondering for those that have passed or passed 2nd try how did you prepare for it? I still remember some of the materials so I prob will just use a month’s time to go through and focus the rest on questions and mock, not sure if that’s the right approach.

Did you score above 70 in any sections? A good strategy for a second attempt would be to focus on your low scoring sections. IMO a month isn’t enough time if you didn’t hit above 70 anywhere.

For me the big difference was saving 1.5 months to work on practice questions. I did all of Kaplans Q Bank one time, then most of the quesquest I got wrong again. In total is ended up being 3,200 questions. It is a long process but I feel like that is where the learning happens .

I am sorry to hear you didn’t pass.It sounds like you were relatively close though. If I were you, I would start by getting the Kaplan package you had before again, hopefully with pass protection if you qualified by completing enough of the stuff. If you didn’t, you still get half off the next one I believe. I would just start going through the readings again (skip ethics for now) and do some QBank questions at the end of EACH reading. At the end of each section, spend at least a day doing questions for the entire section, and then spend a couple days doing questions for all previous sections you’ve covered. If you started now and jumped in, you could get through this with roughly 2 months to spare before the exam. Then it would be smooth sailing from there, with just doing hundreds of questions a day, reading answer explanations, and some spot review (used by watching Mark Meldrum’s free level 1 videos on YouTube) for the sections you really don’t grasp well. If you didn’t want to put this much time into it if you are extra busy, then I would just start reviewing your worst sections, while doing questions for everything, putting extra attention into the answer explanations for the questions you answered incorrectly. Best of luck.