ECON / Corp. Finance level of change in material June07->Dec 08???

I read the following in regards to Schweser StudySchweser Study Notes being update since the June07 exam: Economics The Economics text has been changed. All of the readings for Microeconomics and Macroeconomics are new, as are the LOS Two readings for International Economics have been replaced with new material The majority of the LOS are completely new Corporate Finance The readings are new and cover 26 new LOS The Corporate Governance and related LOS have been added to Corporate Finance ___________________________________________________________________ Has anyone written Level I and prepared with the old material and now bought the new books and really notices the difference??? Is it worth it??? I wonder how much can the material change over 6 months???

go to http://www.geocities.com/manavsachdeva/ it shows the changes in LOS from 2007 to 2008

So let’s see - of the people who sign up for this test only 1 in 4 passes it. Unless you like failure experiences or you or very well-versed in economics anyway, you need to pay attention to the LOS. "Is it worth it??? " - It depends on how much it is worth it to you to maximize your chances of passing an exam that most people fail (many of whom are very smart, well-educated, well-studied, and will be studying the proper LOS).

There is no need for your irony JoeyDVivre… Its easy to realize that all these guys are in the business to sell … so they will make the changes seem a lot more important than sometimes are… I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has gone through both materials and has noticed a considerable change in material… Many thanks…

manavsachdeva - thanks for that link— Does this mean the following we are not responsible for Level I any longer??? Trading with the World International Finance Foreign Exchange Foreign Exchange Parity Relations

yes. international trade and finance, and forex have been removed from econ. well, at least there are no LOS on these topics anymore, so I guess they won’t be tested in 2008.

But will they be tested in Dec 2007? Beacuse they are still included in the latest Schweser books sent out for Decemeber.

rene01 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is no need for your irony JoeyDVivre… > > Its easy to realize that all these guys are in the > business to sell … so they will make the changes > seem a lot more important than sometimes are… > > I would appreciate any feedback from anyone who > has gone through both materials and has noticed a > considerable change in material… > > Many thanks… That’s not irony it’s as compelling a case as I felt I could make for studying the new LOS.

THANKS! JOYOFLIVING! Without your general postings I wouldnt know what to do!

I’m sure your sarcasm to me will serve you well… Edit: How many people have I helped pass this exam? Have my 6000 postings been too general for you? Read the new LOS and the new readings. I do not know how different they are but my years and years of experience doing this tells me that it is very, very important that you do that. Any advice to the contrary is, frankly, stupid,

Are these changes for Dec 07 or June 08?

Listen your help is greatly appreciated it. Just dont get too cocky! We are all here for help. If not, maybe we would not all have time to waiste online.

Anerak321 - if you look at my table, it compares the 2007 LOS with the 2008. 2007 LOS are applicable both for Jun and Dec 2007. The changes are effective Jun 2008.

thank you