new comer's question

I am preparing for exam in next year and just started reading schweser notes from last month. I wonder if I can go to Book 3 directly after I complete Book1? I have learned economics 2 yrs ago but I am a freshman in Finance, so I want to go through the finance parts firstly (book 1, 3, 4, 5&6). any suggestions about my plan?

You should be able to study in any order.

You should be able to study in any order. The

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less independent althought

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less independent although

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less independent although there

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less independent although there ar

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less independent although there are

You should be able to study in any order. The topics are more or less independent although there are dependencies that shouldn’t prevent you from picking up a topic that intrigues you.

I’d recommend that you cover book 1 first because a lot of the concepts introduced there are used throughout. You can leave book 2 for last if you prefer.

CareerChange: are you trying to be funny or annoying? You’re succeeding in only one of those goals.

I recommend starting from Book1 and ending at Book 5. IT’s not as though you dont have enough time to study. And Believe me, I wouldn’t simply toss book 2 aside simply because you have already studied “economics”, while in highschool I gather? If anything, study it slowly and reconfirm your grasp of the subject such that you know it 100% and will get all economics questions right on the exam. Theres a reason why the material is in this specific order…i.e., why ethics is first and alternative investments last.

I hate you CareerChange. I think you need more than a careerchange.

jalmy8, thanks for your suggestion and i totally agree with you that “study slowly”. However my considering is like this: I am going to take the hardest part firstly. For me, cause i dont have any finance knowledge but learned economics, it would be a little bit easiler when i read book 2 than reading book3,4&5. So i think it would good for balance the finance and economics for me. In that case, my only concern is whether the book 2 has many concepts or formula uesd in book 3,4&5.

nup I gues? but most of the formula in quantitative method will come-up again in other volumes & they don’t just explain it again as the volume in quant but rather they use it as a variable in explaining other concept.

This is not something I intended to do. I am as surprised as the rest of you are. Is there some kind of autosave that made this happen?

yea, i think its called drinking heavily and then logging into analystforum.com to get your daily fix. Or am I the only one who does that