Use of Calculator

Hello guys, Having spoken to few people who done CFA LEvel 1 in past they said Level 1 exam have lot less calculations to do… But in topics like FSA/Quants I believe there should be a lot of calculation questions isnt it? Whats your view on that?

I think it’s easily possible to pass all CFA exams with a calculator of the quality that is included in everyone’s cell phone.

> I think it’s easily possible to pass all CFA exams with a calculator of the quality that is included in everyone’s cell phone. Only because Joey’s programmed his phone to do IRR calculations. IIRC there are fewer or perhaps no TVM calculations in L2, so you won’t need the businessy functions like calculating YTM. But you’ll certainly be doing plenty of +/-/*// in all 3 levels.

It’s a multiple choice exam. That means I don’t have to calculate the IRR, I just have to know which calculation is correct. For any such questions on the CFA exam, I don’t even need a calculator.

Hi Joey… How do you develop that skill? Just lots of questions… I agree with you, but on exam day, I don’t see the answers in that way…I can get there…but I end up calculating everything…

Yeah I think I would like to know the secret behind joey talent too. :slight_smile: