Current Markets Turmoil & CFA Exams

With the current credit crunch affecting the markets ( both locally and globally), don’t you think that the exam will give an upper hand to what is going on e.g. analysis, investments, ethics? - which of course is the whole currucula but making sure we have a good grip of the financial markets environment. This is just my thinking but it is important to understand the mess and what it is doing to company balance sheets. The subprime market and its derivatives form a huge chunk of the Financial markets (billions of dollars).

I think questions are selected a couple of years before the exam

Well, it’s actually more like May-September of the previous year that the exam is written. When you write it, you’ll see some recognizable events within a year or so.

BosyBillups Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think questions are selected a couple of years > before the exam Nope

erice Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > With the current credit crunch affecting the > markets ( both locally and globally), don’t you > think that the exam will give an upper hand to > what is going on e.g. analysis, investments, > ethics? - which of course is the whole currucula > but making sure we have a good grip of the > financial markets environment. > > This is just my thinking but it is important to > understand the mess and what it is doing to > company balance sheets. > > The subprime market and its derivatives form a > huge chunk of the Financial markets (billions of > dollars). hee-hee. pretty funny. the people with the upper hand are the people who think that this is pretty mundane in the greater scheme of market turmoil. Don’t say things like this around work.