2007 Schweser for June 2008

Does anyone see a problem with using 2007 Schweser Study Notes to supplement the 2008 CFAI Texts? I’m going to read the CFAI texts primarily, but wonder about the dated supplemental material. Likewise I am going to purchase the Schweser QBank upon availability.

KJH, Don’t see a problem with this approach provided you: * Know Schweser 2007 COLD and be aware of any differences b/w Schweser 2007 and the 2008 curriculum. * Practice, practice, practice using Qbank. Good luck. KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anyone see a problem with using 2007 Schweser > Study Notes to supplement the 2008 CFAI Texts? > I’m going to read the CFAI texts primarily, but > wonder about the dated supplemental material. > > Likewise I am going to purchase the Schweser QBank > upon availability.

I think the main factor would be how much time you’re planning on devoting to this. Make sure you’re aware of the differences, use the CFAI text as a guideline of what material is covered and read Schweser for all LOS that are identical (that would be most of them).

From what I’ve read, it seems that the LOS from 2007 to 2008 has changed by about 40%, so I probably wouldn’t even bother looking at the '07 notes.

I would lean towards getting the 08 Schweser notes, or just using the 07 notes for the sample exams. Like lola said, you could try and cross reference everything, but is it really worth the effort? I just picked up the Schweser notes to help me on the 2nd half of the material leading up to the Dec exam, and the amount I’m leaning on them, I probably wouldn’t be comfortable with the 06 notes. Somewhatdamaged, this is Dropping Dimes from the realgm universe! Shoot me a note at cheakes@hotmail.com

Please be aware that the QBank from the previous year will not work next year, even if you had purchased it originally. This is what Schweser says on their website, as well.