Quantatative methods

I am a bit worried about remembering formulaes in quantatative methods…(statistics, probability, etc) any suggestion on how best to work around this

easy answer, i got less than 50% in only that section and passed in June. Better answer, don’t learn the formulas, but learn the theory or idea behind the formula. That rings true with every topic in Level I. I understand where you are coming from though, and the best way, I have found, to learn stat/prob is to do tons of problems until it’s second nature, and you understand the reasoning behind the fomulas. Out of all topics, I would place less emphasis on that particular segment of quant, as long as all others are strong.

Do you recon the Schweser Q bank is okay for this

Yea I’m quite worried about the intricacies of that particular section as well (esp the Hypothesis testing part). Is that heavily tested usually?

If you don’t know hypothesis testing backwards and forwards you will not only fail the CFA exams, but you will spend your life in poverty and misery. It’s the most important part of the exam, by far.

: malnoll: what was the other relative score you scored on other sections???

“If you don’t know hypothesis testing backwards and forwards you will not only fail the CFA exams, but you will spend your life in poverty and misery. It’s the most important part of the exam, by far.” Is this pure sarcasm, or do you really mean that hypothesis testing is the most important part of the exam? What would be the top 3 topics to study? Thanks

I was kidding. I used to be a statistics professor.

>I used to be a statistics professor. Also known as Dr. Lies D. Lies?

The Four-Topic-Concentration-Ratio for CFA-L1 is 156/240 = 65% clearly indicating Oligolpoy Exam :-). It’s not a monopoly by Quant there… - Dinesh S

Dr. Evil maybe! That’s one way to motivate your students!

reno01 Quant <50 FSA, Ethics, Equities, Alt. Assets >70 Port Mgmt 50-70 You can’t really go off of scores though, >70 could be 100% or 70%, same with the others…as long as you know the FSA, Ethics, and Equity/Debt sections in and out, any questionable parts in the rest won’t be as bad for your pass/fail outcome

TK1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am a bit worried about remembering formulaes in > quantatative methods…(statistics, probability, > etc) any suggestion on how best to work around > this Get ready for a career in back office.