Lowest score

Anyone knows what was the lowest/worst score anyone had and passed the exam?

hmmm, im not sure an actual ‘score’ can even be worked out?

Utilizing the probability theory, if someone know nothing about the exam, on average he/she will get 240*0.25=60 correct. If someone went through every topic but didn’treally master anything. The choose-1-out-of-4 exam could be viewed as chose 1 out of 2, with the other 2 ovbiously wrong in his/her eyes. He/she will get 120 correct. The above 2 types of candidates probably will fail and have 0% chance to pass. So theoretically the minimum passing grade must be above 120 and below 168. But I have no idea whther it’s 160 or 150 or even lower…

i meant those who sat for it before and passed. What were their scores? Anyone from the other levels i think will be most approriate to ans this qn. I know the range is btw 63% - 70% but i don’t think it’s the same every year. Someone may have gotten 61% and passed? So i was just hoping anyone who did badly and passed can post their scores here and we can do our own sampling…haha

In that case, you’d better ask in Level 2 forum or Level 3 forum. If you can come back and share with us, that’ll be great

haha i’ve already posted 1 post there but not much of response…i think maybe they find me a nuisance cos they might be busy with more impt details regarding their upcoming june paper…lol

What does it matter? There is no transparency in the CFA process - if you pass be happy, if you fail work harder next time… I was feeling good pre - exam having got over 70% in all the prac-exams and 80% + on the online stuff… But not sure about the actual exam lots of 50 - 50s and reviewing some of the posts on this forum makes me quite unsure on how I will go… I am pretty sure I will be a border line candidate… But, one thing is for sure, next time around whether that is Level 2 or Level 1 again - I will be better prepared having gone through that experience on the weekend…

I guess you’re right but i just can’t help but feeling uneasy the past few days. While others are out partying, i feel the same way was you…more of borderline and i just thought maybe it might put my mind at ease if i knew in the recent past few yrs what had been the worst score and someone made it through despite it. I guess i just thought it might make me feel better and maybe some others on this board who are also pretty worried n anxious for the nxt 45days.

I feel you… I have been feeling down and a little sick the last few days at work… I have never put so much time into anything like this before - breezed through school and college - and got top grades… The prospect of failing after working so hard freaks me out… But, there is not much we can do - this is the only forum I can even find where people are even discussing aspects of the exam and certain questions… Hang in there - I am taking a break - not touching the books until the results come out - I am pretty sure if I pass that will give me enough confidence for Level 2 in June and if I fail 4.5 months is plenty of time to ace Level 1 second time around… I also felt I read way too much into questions on the exam - but hey lets see what happens ? So look at the upside - you can’t really lose - unless we fail majorly (i.e. <50% across the board…) Just rediscover the things you used to do before starting CFA, for me that is running and catching up with my mates…

I know what you mean guys… Just feel so F’ed up knowing all that effort I put in inspite of work n all that… been a long time since i worked hard… And then in the test, so much uncertainty and 50-50 stuff… So I’m too tryin to pick up the pieces of my life before CFA… Put in so much that have kinda forgotten how it used to be… feel such a void now that thr’s nothing to do when i get back home after work.

This might give you a general idea of the pass rate. This person has passed L1 2007 June. He got 20 unsolved problem with 7 minutes left but he passed anyway. Keep hope alive! Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 - - * - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Analysis 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - * - - General Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * -

Good post JayJeon. Feeling optimistic is fairly important right now. Not knowing if I passed or failed is killing me.

Another score who passed L1 2007 June. He got two areas under 50% and passed it! Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 * - - - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - - * - Equity Analysis 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - - * - General Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * -

Thanks for this encouraging post Jayjeon.

Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 - - * - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 * - - - Equity Analysis 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - * - - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - * - - General Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Analysis 28 - * - This put a smile on my face. Thanks JJ. The element that concerns me is that I worked harder for this than anything else in my life and if I don’t pass the only conclusion I can draw is that I’m not good enough.

I wouldn’t say that. If you fail, you fail. Take it again in June and dominate it. At the end of the day it’s just a test. Besides, even if you fail, you’ve learned a lot of great information that will be useful. Just by studying for this test I’ve found that I can understand what’s going on in the WSJ better than I could before.

I heard some guy passed with answering 8.3321% of the questions correctly. But, all his points were in Ethics.

I agree prossetti. This exam has taught me alot, but more than anything it’s taught me how much I don’t know. Which is kind of a good thing. I am nervous b/c I have never failed a test I have worked so hard for. I was always one of the people to blow the curve, but this test has totally put me in my place. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. If it turns out to be a “F”, I’ll just work harder and kick ass in June. If nothing else, we all have a solid base to start from now.

And they said “He does’nt know anything, but atleast he’s highly ethical” LOL.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pS7yAPVj8shWv_ODkm4Z_Ow&hl=en_US&pli=1