Entry to investment

Hi ppl, I was planning to go to investment but i was working as IT in manufacturing so i still finding hard to break into investment line(btw i will be taking lvl 2 this year june), but my company has position for Cost Analyst (Manufacturing Finance), how would you think this job will help me into getting into investment line after working said… 1 year after the job? Anyone come from a similar background before? I would think the the cost modeling and asset pricing will help me into getting into it… your comment appreciated… Job Description • Maintain, innovate and execute product costing model to reflect current product flows, manufacturing processes and materials consumption • Coordinate with manufacturing personnel to identify allocation drivers that affect product costing • Interpret and transform manufacturing intricacies into financial intelligence for manufacturing managers and provide feedback for improvement • Inventory reconciliation, cost allocation and valuation processes, and related accounting transactions • Establish and maintain accounting policies and internal controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounting records • Support reporting requirements of local operations to management and IM Flash Singapore parent companies Qualifications • Diploma / Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance or Engineering or Mathematics or related field is required. • Cost modeling and inventory accounting experience preferred. • Understand tools and techniques of costing or valuation or Asset Pricing • Ability to work across various areas of the business, including effective communication with people of different backgrounds and levels Confident, proactive, tenacious, enthusiastic, quantitative, goal and results oriented