How are we all doing on practice exams?

Hey everyone, I’m just doing a quick check in. I haven’t been spending too much time on the forum lately–I’m busy studying, of course! But I wanted to drop in and ask how everybody is performing on practice exams? I’ll post my results (these are all from QBank, with easy, medium, and hard questions all mixed together): Exam 1, Ethics, 60 questions:…80% Exam 2, Ethics, 60 questions:…77% Exam 3, Quant (SS2), 120 Q:…94% Exam 4, Quant (SS3), 120 Q:…93% Exam 5, Econ (All SS), 120 Q:…93% Exam 6, FSA (All SS), 120Q:…85% Ethics will needs some more work. I made some very stupid mistakes on the last exam on FSA. Most of it has to do with the fact that I’m answering these questions on the fly (during break time at work, my commute, and lunch time). I haven’t really had the chance to set aside a solid block of 3 hours for each 120 question exam. I plan on taking a full 120 question exam on all subject areas once I finish reviewing curriculum in SchweserPro (it’s basically a cliff notes version of everything from the readings). I’m also doing quick skimming of my notes and highlighted material in the CFA textbooks. How is everyone else doing?

those are real good scores, I am in the 80 on almost everything except for quant. I have done the questions so many times that my scores are a little skewed now, so I am starting to focus on book 6 and CFA practice exams. last push…

1. Should I register for December! Fck this is frustrating!

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 58. Should I register for December! Fck this is > frustrating! :stuck_out_tongue: i not sure if you’re kidding. actually i can’t tell if the first post is guy is sincerely concerned about how everybody is doing, or just showing how “smart” he is :P. Either that or i’m just extremely jealous and very very bitter right now. … i’m in the middle of 120 question test from the QBank… maybe i’ll update how i did after i get back to it and finish

Yeah it’s still enough time to improve score… xck2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KJH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 58. Should I register for December! Fck this > is > > frustrating! > > > :stuck_out_tongue: i not sure if you’re kidding. > > actually i can’t tell if the first post is guy is > sincerely concerned about how everybody is doing, > or just showing how “smart” he is :P. > > Either that or i’m just extremely jealous and very > very bitter right now. … i’m in the middle of > 120 question test from the QBank… maybe i’ll > update how i did after i get back to it and finish

xck2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KJH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 58. Should I register for December! Fck this > is > > frustrating! > > > :stuck_out_tongue: i not sure if you’re kidding. > > actually i can’t tell if the first post is guy is > sincerely concerned about how everybody is doing, > or just showing how “smart” he is :P. > > Either that or i’m just extremely jealous and very > very bitter right now. … i’m in the middle of > 120 question test from the QBank… maybe i’ll > update how i did after i get back to it and finish Please do. We’re fortunate to have alot of bright people on this board, however it makes dummy’s like me discouraged. So many members are above 70s on practice exams (Nice Work Guys!) and the fact I cannot get a 70 yet is frustrating. I study my a$$ off before/lunch break/after work and all day Saturday and Sunday. I know I’m far from being a real smart guy, but it sucks seeing so much effort amount to so little.

opps sorry KJH i didn’t realize you ment you were writing in June and just considering writing in Dec. my bad!! :frowning: and yea i totally agree, i’m feeling the same way.

Wow that makes me feel awful. I am averaging in the low 70s (and was confident till I read your post). Back to the desk for me… gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey everyone, > > I’m just doing a quick check in. I haven’t been > spending too much time on the forum lately–I’m > busy studying, of course! > > But I wanted to drop in and ask how everybody is > performing on practice exams? I’ll post my > results (these are all from QBank, with easy, > medium, and hard questions all mixed together): > > Exam 1, Ethics, 60 questions:…80% > Exam 2, Ethics, 60 questions:…77% > Exam 3, Quant (SS2), 120 Q:…94% > Exam 4, Quant (SS3), 120 Q:…93% > Exam 5, Econ (All SS), 120 Q:…93% > Exam 6, FSA (All SS), 120Q:…85% > > Ethics will needs some more work. I made some > very stupid mistakes on the last exam on FSA. > Most of it has to do with the fact that I’m > answering these questions on the fly (during break > time at work, my commute, and lunch time). I > haven’t really had the chance to set aside a solid > block of 3 hours for each 120 question exam. > > I plan on taking a full 120 question exam on all > subject areas once I finish reviewing curriculum > in SchweserPro (it’s basically a cliff notes > version of everything from the readings). I’m > also doing quick skimming of my notes and > highlighted material in the CFA textbooks. > > How is everyone else doing?

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey everyone, > > I’m just doing a quick check in. I haven’t been > spending too much time on the forum lately–I’m > busy studying, of course! > > But I wanted to drop in and ask how everybody is > performing on practice exams? I’ll post my > results (these are all from QBank, with easy, > medium, and hard questions all mixed together): > > Exam 1, Ethics, 60 questions:…80% > Exam 2, Ethics, 60 questions:…77% > Exam 3, Quant (SS2), 120 Q:…94% > Exam 4, Quant (SS3), 120 Q:…93% > Exam 5, Econ (All SS), 120 Q:…93% > Exam 6, FSA (All SS), 120Q:…85% > > Ethics will needs some more work. I made some > very stupid mistakes on the last exam on FSA. > Most of it has to do with the fact that I’m > answering these questions on the fly (during break > time at work, my commute, and lunch time). I > haven’t really had the chance to set aside a solid > block of 3 hours for each 120 question exam. > > I plan on taking a full 120 question exam on all > subject areas once I finish reviewing curriculum > in SchweserPro (it’s basically a cliff notes > version of everything from the readings). I’m > also doing quick skimming of my notes and > highlighted material in the CFA textbooks. > > How is everyone else doing? How much time did you spend in hours to get such good scores?

just did a full practice exam and got a depressing 72%

I’m having trouble getting through the practice exams. The time constraint is killing me. I can score in the low 70s on the problems I finish, but I’m averaging only about 70 problems before I have to just start bubbling in like a mad man to make time. It’s the calculation problems that slow me down the most. I sure hope it’s true that the real exam is more conceptual than. I tend to do much better on conceptual than calculation questions.

@ mcf, is that CFAI Mock exam?

I posted my results just to be fair since I’m asking how everyone else did. Also, I did a lot of studying, and I haven’t stopped. For you guys that are scoring low, don’t get discouraged! Take the time to read the brief curriculum that you get with SchweserPro/QBank. Get into the habit of reading the explanations for every question you answer (not just the ones you got wrong). Print out the exams (I do two sided printing to save on paper) and write notes next to each question after reading the explanations from Qbank (right or wrong). I’m not going to get carried away with confidence, even if I scored 100% on an exam. Just be persistent.

yes - that was on an old cfa practice. I’m actually having no problem with time. I finished in just over 2 hours for 120 questions. I either know it or I don’t

Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m having trouble getting through the practice > exams. The time constraint is killing me. I can > score in the low 70s on the problems I finish, but > I’m averaging only about 70 problems before I have > to just start bubbling in like a mad man to make > time. > > It’s the calculation problems that slow me down > the most. I sure hope it’s true that the real exam > is more conceptual than. I tend to do much better > on conceptual than calculation questions. Gouman what source of questions are you using? Using Schweser I’m hitting exactly 2hrs with the occasional increase of a few minutes because i get distracted (it’s summer, and i study by a window that looks out to the quad of the university … :slight_smile: ) I think there are ways to go through questions without directly having to calculate it. Just ahve to make sure your logic is right. well congrats gdiddy, hope to see you in the level 2 forum soon :slight_smile: fyi the exam i was doing earlier =75% but the questions seemed oddly easier then the previous ones i did.

So it’s old CFAI Sample, not the new Mock, right? Did n e one already take one of the two new Mock exams?

I’m using Schweser. So far, I’ve completed the first exam in book six. I have 27 days to increase my speed under pressure while not compromising my ability to answer questions correctly, or I’m screwed. Sucks that my problem is more of a test taking problem as opposed to a problem understanding the material. This kind of thing plagued me in undergrad. I would always get the hee bee geebees during the first exam, do poorly i.e. B or C grade, when I had an A understanding of the concepts barring the pressure of the exam environment. I would lick my wound, come back more focused for the midterm and/or final and always get one the highest grades in the class. However, the poor midterm grade would end up with me netting an B or B+ for the class instead of an A. I fear this my be the case for CFA, however, the consequence is humiliation, 6 months of having no life, and 600 bucks, as opposed to getting a B.

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey everyone, > > I’m just doing a quick check in. I haven’t been > spending too much time on the forum lately–I’m > busy studying, of course! > > But I wanted to drop in and ask how everybody is > performing on practice exams? I’ll post my > results (these are all from QBank, with easy, > medium, and hard questions all mixed together): > > Exam 1, Ethics, 60 questions:…80% > Exam 2, Ethics, 60 questions:…77% > Exam 3, Quant (SS2), 120 Q:…94% > Exam 4, Quant (SS3), 120 Q:…93% > Exam 5, Econ (All SS), 120 Q:…93% > Exam 6, FSA (All SS), 120Q:…85% > > Ethics will needs some more work. I made some > very stupid mistakes on the last exam on FSA. > Most of it has to do with the fact that I’m > answering these questions on the fly (during break > time at work, my commute, and lunch time). I > haven’t really had the chance to set aside a solid > block of 3 hours for each 120 question exam. > > I plan on taking a full 120 question exam on all > subject areas once I finish reviewing curriculum > in SchweserPro (it’s basically a cliff notes > version of everything from the readings). I’m > also doing quick skimming of my notes and > highlighted material in the CFA textbooks. > > How is everyone else doing? scoring above 80-90% during break at work, commute, and lunch time? If this isn’t an ego trip I don’t know what is.

“scoring above 80-90% during break at work, commute, and lunch time? If this isn’t an ego trip I don’t know what is.” lol… i’m getting 99.5% while keeping only one eye open and punching the calculator buttons with my foot and doing 10 pushups after finishing every 30 questions. no but really for me: qbank: ranging from 75-85%, 120q exams all questions exam 1 am: 81% exam 1 pm: 83% (took 4 hours on this one though)

i selected “Advanced” Question on Ethics in SchweserPro, took a 36Q test… scored a horrendous 56 % but wth just a bit ago id scored 87% on a 60Q test comprising of Basic, Advanced , Intermediate Questions doesn’t look good… at all…