$ rtns vs. time returns

1-2 reasons a mutual fnd manager would prefer to use time weighted instead of money weighted. 10 seconds

Does not take into account the inflows/outflows…

TW= geometric mean MW= IRR

soxboys21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does not take into account the inflows/outflows… yes, kind of. Basically, the take away is that the weighted performance can be sharply affected by the timing of client coming in and out good job

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TW= geometric mean > > MW= IRR you love saying this : ) last night you were all over this like white on rice

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strangedays Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > TW= geometric mean > > > > MW= IRR > > > you love saying this : ) last night you were all > over this like white on rice Because we will be tested big time of this! So better to stay on the safe side :slight_smile:

speaking off – there is a nasty problem on pp 227 of Volume1 regarding time weighted returns. If you can do this one, anyone should be set for the exam

According to the new curriculum, I cannot map to this problem. Can anyone help me out with this problem? I want to know which question is being talked about. In case anyone can help with a question on TW and MW that will set me for the exam, I’d be grateful.