"Oh, you'll be fine!"

Who else is exhausted of hearing this?

ME!

Oh yes…

I’m tired of the people that have no idea how much time I’ve spent studying telling me I’m smart and will pass. This test really isn’t about intelligence. It’s about memory and the size of your working knowledge. Obviously intelligence is needed, and deductive reasoning helps. but really its about how much you can juggle inside that head of yours without dropping more than 30% of it.

lol good post KJH

Dreary, I think you’ll be fine honestly. What worries me is half the questions that are put on the board I look at without a clue… Most of the time you answer questions correctly that are placed and you place some good ones likewise.

Based on me passing an exam about 10 years ago (when I was about 13!) my parents have said, at every stage of my academic life, “you’ll be fine, you’re intelligent.” I may or may not be, but I will probably ‘won’t be fine’ this time around because the CFA try to trick you on every question. Oh, I’m also getting tired of the CFAI saying “there will be no trick questions.”

ethics is synonymous with trickery

I am tired to hear it as well

“take a break, you will get too tired for the exam” (I said it myself to others), when in fact all you can think of is the exam:))

lots of my friends keep telling me the same… not that i’m intelligent, just that I’ll be fine … even worse

haha map. I’m sitting here viciously clicking Refresh, waiting for more things to discuss, whereas i should be taking my 3 hours of sleep

I’m tired of it as well. I am smart, but so are about 100% of the people testing with me and only 40% of us will be passing… back to the studies…

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “take a break, you will get too tired for the > exam” (I said it myself to others), when in fact > all you can think of is the exam:)) I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m going balls to the wall until next Saturday at 9am. Also, I hate that saying, “If you don’t know it by 6pm the night before you never will.” Or, “8 hours of sleep will do you better than 8 hours of studying.” I’m sure I’m going to sleep soundly Friday the 6th!

hehehe… good one! I met a client who passed level 3 last year, and he said the exact same thing what people who have no idea about the exam have been saying. "Oh, you’ll be fine!!!

Thanks for your post, KJH! How true - I am so sick of people saying - “oh, you always worry about a test and you always do fine!”… There are so many people who HAVE NO IDEA how much time/study/dedication is needed for this exam!

I find a good way to get your point across is to take the CFAI curriculum, drop it on their heads and shout “EVERYTHING WILL BE TESTED!”

I already find it frustrating that my friends are saying these things too. I hear it even worse since I am not taking it until December. “The test isn’t until December, you have plenty of days to study”. Well those days add up if I listen to my friends everyday!!

jasonlarocca Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I already find it frustrating that my friends are > saying these things too. I hear it even worse > since I am not taking it until December. “The test > isn’t until December, you have plenty of days to > study”. Well those days add up if I listen to my > friends everyday!! Agreed. I began for June in January. Let me say this much, its easy to half ass studying when you think you have alot of time. I found retention was very low when I streched it out so far. If I had to do it again, I would have began mid Feb or the start of March.