What you will not even touch in the exam Q?

List of detestable topics that you will intentionally skip in the exam. Bayes’s theorem for me - drives me crazy!

I HATE this one so much! I can solve some questions. But it takes me sooo much time to do it!!!

saurya_s Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > List of detestable topics that you will > intentionally skip in the exam. > > Bayes’s theorem for me - drives me crazy! It’s all about the tree diagram my friend, take an hour to learn it, it will be worth your while!

getter do you recommend the CFAI text for that? S

I didn’t read any of the CFAI books, just schweser. honestly I learned just out of practice, I kept trying and trying then boom, one day it clicked and I just got it, I would say try as many problems as possible and you will eventually learn how to use the tree

I would highly recommend you guys to take one hour (or less), a pencil, some paper and draw some trees. It is amazing how simple the problem is after you understand the tree:))

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I would highly recommend you guys to take one hour > (or less), a pencil, some paper and draw some > trees. It is amazing how simple the problem is > after you understand the tree:)) map, its all about “the tree” lol

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > map1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I would highly recommend you guys to take one > hour > > (or less), a pencil, some paper and draw some > > trees. It is amazing how simple the problem is > > after you understand the tree:)) > > > map, its all about “the tree” lol That’s what she said!

I absolutely hate FSA and ethics so i’m thinking about just skipping and not worrying about it…that being said I’ve masterd Alt investments…i think i should be fine for the exam

if you dont know FSA and ethics…good luck man!

I hated Bayes’s Theorem the way that CFAI presents it. It is a lot easier for me to remember by sticking to the formula: P(B|A) = P(A|B)P(B) / P(A) It is pretty straight forward and is a lot easier to apply.

FRA - enough said

i agree with fisher, fra is beyond me.

spot rates and forward rates confusing the crap out of me.

Diluted EPS

seconding FRA. Spot rates and forwards are pretty simple if you make a timeline. It’s hard to explain it in words, but just make a timeline and draw an arch with each rate. And figure out which rate they want?

does anyone have a list of topics that are not gonna be touched by cfai next week? )))

good advice. yes the math part is simple.

prob questions, i hate them, some of them are simple but i got them wrong !!

calculating futures margin calls for long and short is also annoying. anybody got idea to do it? S