2 Calculators?

How many of you are actually bringing 2 calculators to the exam on saturday? I use the 12C and don’t really want to go drop another $90. Whats the odds that it breaks on exam day?

I’m bringing two. But I use the TI. If I was using the HP, I’d just stick with one and bring a few extra batteries.

I got mine TI year and a half ago, never changed batteries, and won’t be buying another one just for exam. But then again, i personally have a higher risk tolerance rate, and hate doing things the safe way ;>

I use hp12c and I’ve been lookingto buy, but don’t think there is time to go buy. it’ll take 3 hrs to go and buy… plus i hear stores are running out of hp12c. Best buy staples dont have it. ordering it online for one day shipping cost 90… can do.

Take 5 calculators. You never know. Some guy might mug you on the way to your test center. He’ll know that you have 2 calculators because you’ll be wearing a shirt that says, “CFA - Cat Fancier’s Association” and only a CFA candidate will think that shirt is funny. So he’ll steal your 2 calculators, kick you in the stomach and scream, “DOGS ARE BETTER” as he runs off to take his CPA test. When you get yourself up, you’ll realize you fell directly on one of the other calculators you had hidden in your back pocket and crushed it. You will then reach into your bubble-wrap lined, hermetically sealed man-bag and thank the gods that there are 2 extra calculators waiting there for you.

I’d be curious to know if anyone’s calculator has ever broken during a CFA exam

kant Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Take 5 calculators. You never know. > > Some guy might mug you on the way to your test > center. He’ll know that you have 2 calculators > because you’ll be wearing a shirt that says, “CFA > - Cat Fancier’s Association” and only a CFA > candidate will think that shirt is funny. So > he’ll steal your 2 calculators, kick you in the > stomach and scream, “DOGS ARE BETTER” as he runs > off to take his CPA test. > > When you get yourself up, you’ll realize you fell > directly on one of the other calculators you had > hidden in your back pocket and crushed it. > > You will then reach into your bubble-wrap lined, > hermetically sealed man-bag and thank the gods > that there are 2 extra calculators waiting there > for you. That was great!

kant Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Take 5 calculators. You never know. > > Some guy might mug you on the way to your test > center. He’ll know that you have 2 calculators > because you’ll be wearing a shirt that says, “CFA > - Cat Fancier’s Association” and only a CFA > candidate will think that shirt is funny. So > he’ll steal your 2 calculators, kick you in the > stomach and scream, “DOGS ARE BETTER” as he runs > off to take his CPA test. > > When you get yourself up, you’ll realize you fell > directly on one of the other calculators you had > hidden in your back pocket and crushed it. > > You will then reach into your bubble-wrap lined, > hermetically sealed man-bag and thank the gods > that there are 2 extra calculators waiting there > for you. awesome man… you better start writting screen play.

I’m bringing 2 too. I have TI, not that expensive.

willispierre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many of you are actually bringing 2 > calculators to the exam on saturday? I use the > 12C and don’t really want to go drop another 90. \> Whats the odds that it breaks on exam day? 90?? The TII costs around 40$

kant Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Take 5 calculators. You never know. > > Some guy might mug you on the way to your test > center. He’ll know that you have 2 calculators > because you’ll be wearing a shirt that says, “CFA > - Cat Fancier’s Association” and only a CFA > candidate will think that shirt is funny. So > he’ll steal your 2 calculators, kick you in the > stomach and scream, “DOGS ARE BETTER” as he runs > off to take his CPA test. > > When you get yourself up, you’ll realize you fell > directly on one of the other calculators you had > hidden in your back pocket and crushed it. > > You will then reach into your bubble-wrap lined, > hermetically sealed man-bag and thank the gods > that there are 2 extra calculators waiting there > for you. that really made me laugh! thank you so much!!! Cat Fancier’s Association (OMG!!! I do find that funny!!!)

taking two calculators. i bought a TI BA II Plus last year, but i just bought the Professional yesterday. i like the extra features of the professional, and the buttons aren’t as soft as the regular one. i found myself mispressing buttons too easily on the regular.

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I use hp12c and I’ve been lookingto buy, but don’t > think there is time to go buy. it’ll take 3 hrs to > go and buy… plus i hear stores are running out of > hp12c. Best buy staples dont have it. > > ordering it online for one day shipping cost 90… > can do. yeahm, i noticed best buy here was running very very low, i got my platinum edition for 90 bucks and i love that baby. it runs FASTER than the old 12c

Come on guys one is ok with, i have a 12C. i have been using it for close to two years with no problems, dont think it will on exam day, heavens forbid!!!

meazza Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > 90$?? The TII costs around 40$ I’ve been using the 12C, I don’t think I’m gonna buy the TI now and try to learn how to use that as well.

2 calculators. BA II plus. For you 12C users: http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesSearch?searchkey=HP+12c&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&fromUrl=home you never know per cat fancier’s association above.