You have to buy mock exams?

Hey guys, I have been doing Schweser for the past a few days. I was going to start doing mock exams from CFA, then I find out I have to dish out 100 for 2? Did you guys all buy them or download from somewhere else.

if you’re taking the exam in june they’re on cfai website. most everyone here bought them. i will be taking one today. they are the best indication of how the exam will actually look and sometimes (i’ve heard) questions are reproduced verbatim on the actual exam. worth it, in my honest opinion.

yes go on , no time, u have to pay

do you know what time you can take them til by any chance?

Are the mocks really a true reflection of the difficulty of the exam? The questions are kinda brief and definately a lot easier to deal with compared to Schweser Book 7. The Schweser papers say that Book 6 and 7 are around the same difficulty as the exam. I think there’s a big difference in difficulty between CFA mocks and Schweser…

can someone pls explain what schweser book 6 and 7 are? I just ordered the premium package for DEC test. will i get book 6 and 7?

Book 6 vol. 1 practice exams, book 7 vol. 2 Yes

If actual exam is like Schweser, then I am scared. It is alot harder than practice exam I did on CFA. Every question is like a short essay.

Yes you will. 6 and 7 are practice exams only.

schweser will say that its similar obviously they have to stand by their product, its obvious CFAI questions are shorter and the real test should be like that.

Someone told me that of the people that enroll, 80% will show up to the exam and of that percentage 40% will approximately pass level 1. Even with standardiisation, it feels unlikely that 70% of the people would have difficulty with the mock exam’s level of questions. Looking at the scores everyone is posting on the forum no one seems to get below 70. I guess the sample of scores maybe bias as people with generally good scores may post. I don’t know…I’m clearly over thinking this and wigging out!

Do the mocks. Don’t concern yourself with Schweser. The mocks should be indicative of what’s on the exam.

In my book 6 it actually says on the blurb before the exam that the Schweser exams are not indicative of the real thing, and that the questions are crafted in a way to test your comprehension of subjects. It also indicates that the actual exam will be HARDER than the ones provided in book 6.

I hope you’re right mate…but then again everything you write and post is pure gold. I did all the mocks and samples and yeah my scores were bout 10-15% better than the schweser ones. For some reason the mock was so much easier to guess… especially in ethics and quant. in ethics, schweser decimates me…after reading all that text i have no idea wat’s going on…i 4get wat they r saying and end up getting bout half of the questions right. with the cfa samples, i can sorta guess my way to 80-85% for most of the papers…it’s weird… i hope i haven’t used up all my guess luck for the actual exam and that the actual exam is like the cfa mock.

gdiddy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do the mocks. Don’t concern yourself with > Schweser. The mocks should be indicative of > what’s on the exam. I agree, still not too late, I will startinig my first mock in 30 mins and then take the second in the evening.