What is your current role?

Please let me know if this has been the subject of many threads before, but I met a few CFA candidates that day and we all seemed to be from the MO of a bank. Just out of interest, what is your current role?

Where do you delineate MO from BO? Examples?

It varies from bank to bank but in general IMO MO is product control, Traders assistants (not junior traders) including risk control. Or you can just state whatever its called where you work.

This should be an interesting thread… My current role had me doing equity research (telecoms) for about 5 months but the focus has now shifted to corporate finance/strategy.

MO/BO i suppose. it sucks! i do some analytical work relating to pricing and performance, but mostly i just do data entry, auditing, etc.

I was in marketing, then boutique mgmt consulting and now going to do MBA, planning to do something with I bankin

i work in a cdo shop… lol…

If someone can forgive my ignorance, and tell me what MO/BO means ?? thanks :slight_smile:

middle/back office

I’m a CDS trading assistant. So i fall into the MO category. I consider MO to be somebody who is in PnL, Risk and/or Trade Booking on the trading side and client services/sales assistants on the sales side. I consider BO to be confirmations and settlements. I view technology as a separte category from FO, MO and BO but many consider them MO. It really is different at each firm from what I understand.

Thanks. I work as risk analyst for a global bank (yeah right !!). We do delinquency forecasting, risk segmentation, portfolio tracking, capacity planning etc for our unsecured portfolio.

me in b/o i think mostly data , performance , auditing month ends etc

BO

hey nirjraina … i remember reading your post that you took the test in dubai … and you are working as an equity analyst there … so i need to ask a little question … I have been applying for equity analyst jobs in dubai and rest of GCC for like 3 months … I have an undergrad degree from Arizona State University and have >1.5 yrs experience in equity analysis and have a fair understanding of GCC markets… as i have done research on emaar/aldar/tamweel/dic etc … but i have not got a single +ve response… can you guide me what should I do and I am currently in south east asia… your help will be appreciated.

drop me an email at nirjraina@gmail, would be glad to discuss in more detail with you. Basically the main problem is that headhunters and recruiters are heavily biased towards candidates who are already in the country/region. (Unless they are filling executive level positions)

thanks for your consideration nirjraina … I am emailing my details right now …

Corporate Finance, Junior Analyst. Pretty boring. Some cash and expense forecasting, a little variance analysis (capex, opex,), other than that, just a bunch of mundane weekly reporting tasks. I’m bailing as soon as possible.

>>Thanks. I work as risk analyst for a global bank (yeah right !!). We do delinquency forecasting, risk segmentation, portfolio tracking, capacity planning etc for our unsecured portfolio. I do the same thing for a regional bank.

i’m in corporate strategy (m&a, new product development, operations, big focus on marketing right now). it’s basically inside consulting

Gouman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Corporate Finance, Junior Analyst. Pretty boring. > Some cash and expense forecasting, a little > variance analysis (capex, opex,), other than that, > just a bunch of mundane weekly reporting tasks. > > I’m bailing as soon as possible. why bail? i’ll take yours over my job any day