Quant Question

Does any one remeber the quant question - buy, hold , sell- Nominal/ ratio/ ordinal/ Internal scale??? Can someone help me with the answer? Thanks SVC

nominal or ratio

hm!!! Got this too wrong. I already have about 50 mistakes on my list :frowning:

Why not Ordinal? that buy/sell/hold thing doesnt have a rank!

I answered it as ordinal… Don’t know if it is correct though… also, which type of order is least likely to be executed - market/ Limit/ Stop buy/ stop loss?

To my understanding it should be nominal because the name “buy/sell/hold” makes sense.

I answered Ordinal, considering the categorization is based on grouping and not ranking…

market/ limit/ stop buy are all buy orders, stop loss is a sell order… (sell before price has gone too low and hence limits the loss).

i think its ordinal. there is an order, but no degree of magnitude.

I agree… I answered Ordinal for the same logic…

buy is better than hold or sell, but you cannot say that buy is twice as good as sell.

Ordinal was my answer too. I always used to apply the Temperature example for interval and money example for ratio to see where the present one fits.

me too…i think the CFAi text had an example of it at the end of chapter practice questions…can anyone confirm its ordinal?

Definitely ordinal

ordinal

i chose ordinal

ordinal… Ratio – money Interval — Temperature Ordinal — categorizes in some order/ preference Nominan just horrible hahaah

Its Ordinal for sure and I am sure I am right.

i chose ordinal but im thinking its nominal because buy isnt “better” than hold. its just different

Nominal…there’s no ordering to those choices.