Calculator query

Which calculator do you suggest we should purchase for Level-I exam. For Texas Instruments BA II Plus 2 results come in Amazon: Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional Financial Calculator Texas Instruments BA II Plus Financial Calculator

take the professional ( a bit heavier and with hard to press buttons, but it is worth)

This is the one you are talking about, http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Instruments-BA-II-Professional/dp/B0001EMLZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1213986969&sr=1-1

yeap

yes get the professional. in my opinion its like 10x better.

I’ve had the Plus for over a year and liked it but there were some things that were missing, IE NFV (Unless you wanted to redo your CF calculations). Also, there are numerous times that I have miscalculated due to the buttons being not very responsive, you really need to press them down. With that said I just got the Pro, have not really had a chance to use it but despite the soft case it seems like it will do the trick.

Yes, buttons are not very responsive with the professional one either. It keeps you extra careful. But, under test conditions it can be a real pain. Why not get an Hp one. I have heard they are very good overall.

How many times you got to use calculator in exam … I dont think its a lot of number work there … but you the need the quick way out of calculations and BAII Pro can help …

Can you give an example of NFV for the Level 1 or 2 exams? If you can show how the pro would be better than the plus, that would be great. brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve had the Plus for over a year and liked it but > there were some things that were missing, IE NFV > (Unless you wanted to redo your CF calculations). > Also, there are numerous times that I have > miscalculated due to the buttons being not very > responsive, you really need to press them down. > > With that said I just got the Pro, have not really > had a chance to use it but despite the soft case > it seems like it will do the trick.

having never learned reverse polish, i went ahead and bought the HP … BEST . DECISION . EVER . once you learn it, longer calculations are easier and there are so many great functions that are easy to use on it. take the time to learn reverse polish IMO, well worth it. only drawback is that it does not do combinations/permutations, but that is an easy formula to memorize anyway.