Level 1 Prep for Perth person

Unfortunately I have not been able to find any CFA level 1 prep courses/support in Perth Western Australia other than online or travelling to Sydney/Melbourne for prep courses. Would anyone know of or be able to suggest anything for a person in Perth wanting to take the CFA level 1 exam? Also can anyone recommend any good prep courses in Sydney or Melbourne if I were to travel? Thanks

Hi Libba, I am in Perth and sitting the exam in Dec:) How is revision going? Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe, I have only just begun and I am more than likely going to sit the June 2009 exam to give myself ample study time. What are you doing in terms of revision? Thanks Christian

Hi Christian, I have already began and going through corporate finance and FSA. We can keep in touch through my email: wambuajoe@yahoo.com Cheers mate, Joe

I sat level 1 in June in Perth… but probably going to take it again in December :slight_smile: About 70 people enrolled for Level 1 so there should be a fair few around… though only about 30 turned up. You should definitely have enough time to study if you start now… Just have to be disciplined. (Wish I was) For the study courses, i guess it depends on your background. None of the concepts are that hard, so textbooks should suffice I think. QBank is really good, i wish i had started doing practise questions a lot earlier to focus me. Do any of you know if there will be a test centre in Perth for December? I don’t think there has been one in the past, so might have to go to Melbourne I think. -Dash

Thanks for the replies guys, i will keep in contact. I’m planning on sitting the June 2009 exam and enrollment opened today so i should have plenty of time - looking at schweser and cfai book for review.