1 week countdown

scores out in a week! how is everyone feeling? i am far from optimistic. God help me!

I figure Dec is not long off. People cannot see how many times you took the exam (unlike the Bar Exam where JFK failed it like 4x). Granted I’ll still feel dumb if I fail, plenty of super smart people fail this exam. It’s not suppose to be easy.

I am positive I failed now that it is approaching.

I had felt positive right after the exam, and 100% sure I had failed within a week later! Now I am unsure, but definately leaning more to the fail side… Making it worse is the people constantly asking “Have you found out about your exam yet?”…everytime I hear it I think of one more person I may have to tell I failed to…

I read some post that said that minimum passing marks is 154. Then I also recall guessing 100 questions, and knowing 15 is wrong FOR CERTAIN. so if i get 25% rigth in my guess work, then i have about 15 + 75 = 90 questions answered incorrect. which leaves me with a score of 150!!! ouch!!! :((( i can’t help feel terrible.

I passed :slight_smile: Paid $50 and got my results early.

pepp-whoever said that 154 is the passing scores has no idea in reality what the passing score actually is. To make you feel better, the passing score is 130, so you are in the clear.

tvpm: I was referring to below post. The worst case scenario for passing it is speculated is 154. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,792564

Pepp, No one knows. The MPS is set by a grading committe behind closed doors. For awhile notes from 2003 were leaked and the link was on AF. The moderated removed that in a hurry.

Hey Pepp, nice to see you stopping in!

floor_filler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I passed :slight_smile: Paid $50 and got my results early. haha

if its true that we need to get c70% of top 1% and you assume top 1% averaged 95% (which i absolutely doubt) then we would need around 66% What d’you think?? Sounds about right to me

haha 6 days. this is stupid. i should not be in this board.

You wish!!!

CFA_looney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if its true that we need to get c70% of top 1% and > you assume top 1% averaged 95% (which i absolutely > doubt) then we would need around 66% > > What d’you think?? Sounds about right to me That would be friggen sweet as I was averaging 69-71 on mock/practice exams.

floor_filler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I passed :slight_smile: Paid $50 and got my results early. I paid $50 to get my results early…I failed. Then paid another $99 to have them switch the result…so I passed too. High five!

I just don’t know. I am so scared. God help us please! The freedom was good for me. Am not looking forward to the results. After writing in Dec 07 i was comfortable i thought i could pass, i had the same feeling this time especially after the morning paper so am so scared am afraid the same thing could happen.

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > floor_filler Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I passed :slight_smile: Paid $50 and got my results early. > > I paid $50 to get my results early…I failed. > Then paid another $99 to have them switch the > result…so I passed too. > High five! I would pay $50 to get them today!

Yea, it makes it worse because everyone knows that I’ve been studying really hard for this exam.

i feel like the exam was three years ago now… don’t even remember the general feel of it, so even though i was slightly optimistic i’m starting to get scared now! Hope they won’t be too tough on the pass score…!