Worst pass results (or best)

Level 1: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 * - - Firstly I would like to say sorry to all those who failed the exam. My result should give an indication of the pass mark. Using the 40/60/80 rule this results in 59% the lowest with a pass.

Can’t believe you passed. Congrats! The 40/60/80 rule does not really work. I got 154.4 ~ 64.33% and failed. I guess that’s when the importance per chapter come in…

dlo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can’t believe you passed. > Congrats! > > The 40/60/80 rule does not really work. > I got 154.4 ~ 64.33% and failed. > > I guess that’s when the importance per chapter > come in… dlo, I think we have exactly the same categorical result.

Yeap… Enough mourning though. I just registered for Dec 08. Feeling a bit nervous, but ready to hit the books.

congrats on passing – on all the 50 to 70 areas, you must have been at the high end good job

nice. According to my math that is a maximum score of 165/240 so MPS must be 68.75% or lower.

The 40/60/80 rule is crap. I scored a 158/66% and still failed :- got above 70% in 4 subjects (fsa, econ, PM, corp. fin), below 50 in 2 (alt, quant) and between 50-70 in the rest. There is really no way of telling unless you see actual real scores.

Exactly

congrats Bob. If you are not kidding us (by changing the fail to a pass), then I have to agree…this is the lowest passing grade :slight_smile: My math is a little diff from Skyin’s…i calculated a max score of 149/240=62.1%

u r lucky… i got fail :frowning: now m think of option retabulation:) Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - - * - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

The maximum would use the 50/70/100 rule so Bob could have got 165 = 68.75%

yes, i must have left off a section (I THOUGHT that seemed low). Probably left out one of the 24s. So Bish is pretty much right…except you have truncate each section though 48 * .7 = 33.6 which means max correct is 33. So MAX score is 165. Unless i screwed up again :slight_smile:

Ive looked at several of the worst passing grades and the best failing grades from the following website. http://www.cfasuccess.com/ Someone was actually better that me in that their 40/60/80 mark was worse then mine and they still passed. Anyway from this the pass mark has to be was between 151 and 163 (63%-68%). The mid between these two is 157 (65.4%). It could be worth a recount for all those that are close.

Below is my score… Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% -Alternative Investments 8 * - - -Corporate Finance 20 - * - -Derivatives 12 - * - -Economics 24 - - * -Equity Investments 24 - * - -Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * -Financial Statement Analysis 48 - - * -Fixed Income Investments 28 - - * -Portfolio Management 12 - * - -Quantitative Methods 28 * - - How the f*#k did I fail and he passed. I had a Performance band of 10 too. F^#K You CFAI.

how in the world is right gouman.

I’d have my test rescored if I were you Gouman. I can’t see that performance receiving a “Pass” and yours not.

BishBosh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The maximum would use the 50/70/100 rule so Bob > could have got 165 = 68.75% if you take into account the discreteness of number of correct answer, using 50/70/100 as maximum rule is not good enough. Here is the interesting document: www.manuhack.com/static/research/cfamps/cfamps.pdf

How come i failed, if compared to Bobfishcake score?also whats this 40/60/80 thing.whats my % according to this rule? .heres my score Level 1: Fail The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 * - - - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - * - - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Statement Analysis 48 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 28 - - * - Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

Your score using 40-60-80 is a 150.4. The problem is you could have scored all 51’s in the middle and he could have scored all 69’s

For those who are on the marginal failure, I have it on good authority that the CFA will look to this site and how many postings you make. If its high but lacking any value they fail you …