1st test... Awful...

So I took my first practice test today. Well half a test that is. (120 Q’s) finished with about 30min to spare. Didn’t really feel rushed or anything. I got roughly a 58%… thats freaking terrible. FSA, Asset, and Ethics killed me. Ethics, I’m not too worried about b/c I know I need to read up from the book again a few times and do some practice and I think il be ok. FSA and Asset Valuation… man I got about 50% of these wrong. Gotta focus more on these two areas. Also as far as timing goes? My class teacher told me to finish w/ about an hour or more to go back over the test. Honestly I dont know whether I want to do that. Just make sure I didn’t miss any bubbles or major screwups. But aside from that, I think I’ll start second guessing my initial answers and I always found that never really worked well for me. Would love some feedback. Thanks!!!

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I took my first practice test today. Well half > a test that is. (120 Q’s) finished with about > 30min to spare. Didn’t really feel rushed or > anything. > > I got roughly a 58%… thats freaking terrible. > I disagree. This is still September. Now if this was Thanksgiving, you would have a problem. > FSA, Asset, and Ethics killed me. > Yeah, well, those are the tough ones. > Ethics, I’m not too worried about b/c I know I > need to read up from the book again a few times > and do some practice and I think il be ok. > > FSA and Asset Valuation… man I got about 50% of > these wrong. > > > Gotta focus more on these two areas. > Yep. Good thing you’re doing fine on time. > > Also as far as timing goes? My class teacher told > me to finish w/ about an hour or more to go back > over the test. Honestly I dont know whether I > want to do that. Just make sure I didn’t miss any > bubbles or major screwups. > You did well. > But aside from that, I think I’ll start second > guessing my initial answers and I always found > that never really worked well for me. > > > Would love some feedback. Thanks!!! Keep it going on you’ll be through this in December.

in addition to what Joey has said above – use this test as a benchmark to make your notes and understanding of what you missed. 58% on the first test is not bad at all. Given the nature of the test, you need a further 7-12% points consistently to push you over the ledge. understanding your mistakes, and correcting them in a slow, but sure manner will definitely be a step in the right direction

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So I took my first practice test today. Well half > a test that is. (120 Q’s) finished with about > 30min to spare. Didn’t really feel rushed or > anything. > > I got roughly a 58%… thats freaking terrible. > > FSA, Asset, and Ethics killed me. For 8 weeks out, that’s not that bad. Assuming you’re all the way through the material the first time, it’s now review time. If you use the mistakes as a guideline on what to focus on, you’ll start chipping away at your weak areas, and you’ll be scoring in the 80s by exam time. FSA and Asset are tough ones, But they’ll come. Just keep at it.

You’d be amazed at how many little things stick to you at a second read/review of the material. The score is not that bad, that far before the exam. Time to review, review, review, don’t get discouraged. As others before me said, stick to it and try your best to understand what is the question asking, and know/understand why the correct answer is correct, and why the others are not. You’ll do fine.

dude, that is pretty good considering you have 2 months left - focus on the good!!

is this a Qbank practice exam or book6 practice exam?

i was getting 55% when i finished reading and started doing qbank questions this was a month before the june exam by the time the exam rolled around i was averaging 80% and passed with >70% in all areas except AI

I have finished all the readings. Did you guys try writing one practice exam before qbank?

ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT QBANK PRACTICE TEST OR BOOKS 6 PRACTICE TEST? THANKS

How close are the Qbank and actual test questions? Is your qbank scoring and question difficulty close to the exam? The questions in the CFA text are amazingly difficult, causing the Qbank to be much easier in comparison… Is the test going to be as “easy” (none of this is really easy) as the Qbank questions? Is QBank a reliable indicator of the breadth and depth of one’s knowledge relative to what the exam requires?

I was scoring about 58% to 65% with one month to go… in the exam I scored >70% in nearly all topics. You will be amazed how much practice and reviewing incorrect answers can help… dont panic!!!

58% in September is an excellent result. Just as you did when you prepared for the GMAT, analyze your mistakes and focus on the topics that you have troubles with until you master them.

No body wanted to answer my simple question. I really would like to know what practice test you guys are talking about, is it Qbank or book6.

ssdnola, Original Poster mentioned he took half a test, which was 120 Q’s, so it must have been a book 6 or even a CFA mock or sample. Plus, the max length of a test in Qbank is 100 Q’s. Regards, BSS

have you been doing all the questions at the back of the book throughout your reading?

I think 58% was my high score and I was scoring in the 50’s in the week leading up to the exam. Congrats you are on pace to kill this thing.

i just did an ethics 60 question qbank test and scored 47%!! ouch. have been doing ok in the rest of the tests though - just blew ethics. there were some very tough questions in there.

houston_08 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think 58% was my high score and I was scoring in > the 50’s in the week leading up to the exam. > Congrats you are on pace to kill this thing. Did you pass the exam???

Are you refering to 58% in the exam or Qbank? When do you start doing exams? After you have done all the Qbank?