08/09 Material

How much difference is there in the material for the 2008 / 2009 exams? I am signed up for the June '09 Level I exam, but have access to some prep course material from the 2008 exams. I am not planning on studying from it (i.e. I will be doing all the CFAI questions but would like some extra practice) but would it be misleading to use the 2008 questions to study at all? I looked on the CFAI website for a list of new material, and the just have a list of what readings were updated, not specifically what the differences are. Any help/advice is appreciated.

any differences will be minimal. probably about 5/10 LOSs in total that have changed. not overly material when your talking 600+(??) LOSs.

the biggest changes i have noticed so far are in economics. if you go to the schweser website they have a small listing of topic changes etc. best thing to do is get out the LOS list from your prep materials and compare this to CFAI website list.

Hey brandon, where on the website does it show you which readings were updated? I can’t seem to find it… Thanks!

there is alot added in FSA as well…

also a big difference in terms of using older material is the question formatting itself is changing for the 09 exam onwards. From now on, you will have only 3 choices instead of 4 for your Multiple choice.

Changes in the curriculum (new readings) can be found here: http://www.cfainstitute.org/memresources/education/reading/levelone/new_readings.html

Thanks!

I’ve checked it myself comparing 2008/2009 LOS manually. Ethics, Qaunt, Econ: insignificant changes (a couple of LOSs changed) FSA: SS8 SS9 - no changes SS9 and SS10 are heavily changed. Corp, Portfolio, Markets and Equities: insignificant changes. I did not check the rest (alt invest and fixed income), however as you can see the material is relatively unchanged ( exculding the last two SS in FSA).

Looking at the CFA website posted by brandonparsons. Why does it say member resource for changes in level 1? Shouldnt it be candidates since members already passed? Are these changes just taken from prior years? Anyways thanks brandonparsons and darkvont, this has been on my mind for a very long time, now i know where to pick up.