CFA exam withdraw option

I heard this is something new for this year, and the deadline is tomorrow. I know this is discouraging, but I feel so desperate and don’t know if I should go ahead or withdraw tomorrow. I Did 2 stalla mock exams and scored in lower 60s. Only 8 days left… They don’t refund us the exam fee though. From the standpoint of costs, it’s the same whether you withdraw or not-you are gonna lose that 600 bucks…I just don’t know if I should keep going not knowing for sure if I can pass it or not, or just quit to save my energy and pride…

Take the test, even if you don’t pass, the experience will be invaluable the 2nd time you take it. Just stay positive and bust tail between now and the exam. You’ll feel better about yourself if you at least give it a good go. If there’s no monetary benefit to dropping out, i dont see any reason why you’d not take it anyway.

You’ve already put in energy, and $600 or so. This summer, the pass rate was 35%. There’s no issue of pride with passing this exam, only dedicated time, concentration, test taking technique, and a lot of things that need be retained and applied. No shame in not passing it, it is not an easy task. If it would be easy, “everybody and their mama would have it”. Go ahead and take it, you’ll never know (though passing only by luck is highly unlikely), but at least you’ll know how the exam is. There’s always a June and a December in one year. Or the next.

Surrender is not an option to me as long as there are some times left, i ll give it a shot~

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’ve already put in energy, and $600 or so. This > summer, the pass rate was 35%. There’s no issue of > pride with passing this exam, only dedicated time, > concentration, test taking technique, and a lot of > things that need be retained and applied. No shame > in not passing it, it is not an easy task. If it > would be easy, “everybody and their mama would > have it”. > > Go ahead and take it, you’ll never know (though > passing only by luck is highly unlikely), but at > least you’ll know how the exam is. There’s always > a June and a December in one year. Or the next. Only 35% of people passed?

This June? Yes. I mean 35% of those that wrote both morning and afternoon sessions. Which actually would be something like 25% of all those registered.

I have to admit that this is my 2nd time already. I didn’t start putting in considerable hours until November…My strategy was wrong too. I should have done more problems than reading…I didn’t finish reading and didn’t do any mock exam on my 1st time. This time I finished reading but don’t have enough time to do the mocks.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This June? Yes. I mean 35% of those that wrote > both morning and afternoon sessions. Which > actually would be something like 25% of all those > registered. Are you saying people don’t come back for the afternoon session?

They don’t. Some simply quit in the middle of the morning session, some don’t return for the afternoon. Some quit in the afternoon session. You’ll see empty chairs around you. That’s if you have time to get your head out of the paper:) Some don’t show at all.

Honestly, that’s such a loser thing to do (barring “unusual and infrequent circumstances” -> hey i made an accounting joke !! :smiley: ). But in all seriousness, no matter how pathetic I did in the morning session, I would still come back for the afternoon session.

I think this would be the right time for you, the new ones, to read the golden stories on AF: funny stories from exam day rePosted by: volkovv Date: December 3, 2007 02:32PM None of the stories can beat this one, AF classic Author: ccooper55 Date: Thursday, August 12 @ 1:49 pm This year, level III, NYC I am waiting for the bathroom in this massive line about 10 minutes before the start of the exam. There is this guy panicked out of his mind in line ahead of me who I noticed for the previous half hour had been rocking back and forth in the corner of the lobby murmering his notes back to himself from memory…a real whackjob. Anyway, As I am standing in line with this guy in front of me he starts to sweat profusely and I can litterally hear this guys stomach rumbling…this is where he really freaks out. He starts pounding on the stall doors ( there were only 2) and, of course, no one is coming out so this ass clown drops his pants, hops up on the sink, and blows SH**T all over the sink! The most disgusting thing was the backspray all over this guy! He was COVERED in his own Sh**t. I am laughing my ass off but this guy didnt miss a beat, he rinses off his pants, throws his shirt in the trash and walks into the test wearing only his windbreaker and wet pants. I could hardly stop laughing to myself a full half hour into the test…I knew then I was going to be alright because at least I didn’t just blow ass chunks all over the bathroom…priceless. Author: hughj Date: Thursday, August 12 @ 2:29 pm NYC this summer, I’ squirting lemon in my iced tea (for a little caffeine pick me up) right before I walk in to the exam center. Some of it squirts the wrong way, gets me in right in the eyes and I literally, can’t see a thing. I ask someone to help me get to the bathroom so I can rinse my eyes. I feel around for the sink, run the water and immerse my face in the sink, and to my horror, it’s full of sh**! I scramble to find a paper towel and the bin’s empty! At this point I go rummaging through the garbage in sheer hysterics to find anything to wipe my face, and to my relief I find a discarded shirt. I wipe my face as quickly as possible w/ the shirt, only to find I’m caking on more sh**, and now I can’t see again. I was totally confused until Cooper’s post put the pieces together for me. BTW I think I did ok in the morning session, afternoon was a little tough.

Yeah, someone posted that in another thread. Genius bit of comedy. Having said that, I bet I’m going to be shitting myself proper come exam day, so I’m not going to laugh at someone else’s misfortunes… for now …

HAHAHHAHAA normally i don’t actually "laugh out loud’ at the ocmputer. but this was good for about 5 minutes of crying i was lauging so hard

IS THAT REAL?

no

anyway no point to withdrawal, withdrawal only allows you to re-register now, pay 600USD and save 30USD. Might as well attempt the exam, fail n pay 630USD after Feb 2009.

I hope i don’t shit the sink on this one

Low 60’s isn’t hopeless. I think you can get that up 5% with 95% confidence within a week. That plus some luck and good focus on exam day would put you in contention to pass. But you probably wanna start prepping a bit earlier in the future!

Hi, Don’t worry. I am in the same situation and i was going to withdraw a month a ago. All my family and friends encourage me to take the exam even for practice. So… nothing to loose. If i can pass, that will be great (based on the effort i put in). If not, i will take a break and have a good christmas and start again next year with better understanding and more time. good luck to your exam!!

easygoing Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Surrender is not an option to me > > as long as there are some times left, i ll give it > a shot~ I love that this message is from “easygoing”