Ten things i hate about the CFA level 1

1 - The CFAI’s unstoppable ability to include the wrong answer i came up with in the multiple choice options. 2 - That there are over 10,000 pages that i can choose to learn material from without counting audio, video, and flashcards. 3 - That there is a company (or several maybe) that actually produces a flashcard program. 4 - That I can get caught drink driving with a stripper in my car for speeding and only then get fired because i lied on some meaningless form. 5 - That I can think I have made it through all the material and still completely not recognise questions from the CFA institute onthe practice exams. 6 - That I still have not scored >70 on a 120 Q practice exam (evem after averaging 80% through the first 50 Qs of the last exam i took) 7 - That i can’t take highlighters into the exam 8 - That i still don’t know what an amortisiation spreadsheet on my BA 11211 plus professionally ethical calculatron is 9 - That the guy in the Schweser videos wants me to hold a pen in between my thumb and my index finger and tilt it each way to understand the relationship between bonds prices and market yields 10 - that I can think i know FSA, even after completing the questions, and proceed to get 40-50%. I may continue to add to this list. feel free to add your own…

1. Shelling out another $200 bucks for the same Mock exams offered in June 12. Seeing questions from an “optional” portion of the reading 13. The Fact that CFA chooses to ask a question on book 4 reading 24 third paragraph last sentence and expect you to know the answer? Ok Im done. FSA alll day.

Did you really find a question from the optional material ? that is some bullshit if true.

what is ‘optional’ material? i haven’t touched CFA books so i have no idea what that means! ahhh

1. The fact that you need to know every after hours electronic trading market (Instinet, Vol 1 AM 1 Q 81) to correctly identify a market type. 15. The insecurity of still lingering below 70 Back to EQ and FI…

> what is ‘optional’ material? I think it’s about options. Or futures? Just kidding.

1. The fact that my friends and family keep saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a freakin’ mid-term or something.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > freakin’ mid-term or something. Very true indeed ! same happens with me

1. The fact that there is even “optional” sections. There’s enough bloody material, I’m not going to give a damn about something that’s “optional”

I approve all of these points 18. This one might just be me… but does anyone else find the official CFA book pages a little too shiny? Aye, that’s right, too shiny.

guest123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I approve all of these points > > > 18. This one might just be me… but does anyone > else find the official CFA book pages a little too > shiny? Aye, that’s right, too shiny. HAHA, this is fantastic, and yes, they are too shiny. Its as if those pages are just really happy and mock my stupidity whilst I read them! I am with you. And number 16, everyone keeps telling me to chill out and don’t worry “you’ll pass”, as if its like some silly little test!!!

1. Deleting my Facebook account, blocking sites on my laptop like Youtube and The Economist, losing contact with friends, putting my turntables away, and hiding my guitars.

guest123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I approve all of these points > > > 18. This one might just be me… but does anyone > else find the official CFA book pages a little too > shiny? Aye, that’s right, too shiny. Definitely too shiny. And what’s up with the book jackets? They look likey they should be books about biology or geology. I hate those books with a passion right now.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 16. The fact that my friends and family keep > saying “Of course you’ll pass!” like it’s a > freakin’ mid-term or something. AHAHAHHA I only heard that about a thousand times over Thanksgiving

the bamboo cover on FSA book is the worst.

1. Immediately getting shown the dreaded red “Your answer was incorrect” message while doing the samples - what a distraction and confidence destroyer!
  1. That, in addition to being to shiny, the CFAI book’s pages smell awefull. It’s bad enough trying to study this crap, but to have to do it with that funk hitting your nose at point blank range. Leave one of those books open for a few hours - it will stink up the whole room…

dapoopa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 20. Immediately getting shown the dreaded red > “Your answer was incorrect” message while doing > the samples - what a distraction and confidence > destroyer! I hate immediate feedback, it skews your results since the explanation you receive may help you on the next question.

I could be really cruel right now and point out that once your pass level 1 you still have more than 66% of the program to go and it gets harder, but I wouldn’t do that right before the exam. :wink: Keep it up crew, you are almost there!

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I could be really cruel right now and point out > that once your pass level 1 you still have more > than 66% of the program to go and it gets harder, > but I wouldn’t do that right before the exam. :wink: > > Keep it up crew, you are almost there! I’d much rather have 66% than 100% left to go…