I am not going for the exam thread

I am not going for the exam afterall. After an intensive 2 weeks of Qbanks. Completed all questions yet when i attempt my mock exam and sample paper of cfa, i cant seems to remember anything at all ! So i decided not to go at for the exam at all. It will be no different than the one i sat before during June. Anyway if i decided to register again within the next 7 years, do i have to pay in all or do i just have to pay for the exam registration yet CFAI books will be send to me too?

Don’t give up! I feel like I’m going to fail this exam also, but I am going to stay up all night trying to cram this out. Might as well go out trying rather than just not showing up. Who knows, you might suprise yourself.

Don’t think like that. You never know what the real exam is going to be like. I just took the CFAI mocks today and honest they blew me away. For some reason I did much better on Schweser than those. Also if you read there are several posts of people who never broke 70s on their mocks and passed. You never know, they might just test you on the kernels of information you DO remember. Doesn’t hurt to give it a shot!

This is my second attempt on the level 1. I had this mentality that i might surprise myself last june so i sat through all questions and ended up at the lowest band with insufficient preparation. This time round i started 2 weeks ago and manage to complete all my Qbanks questions but i could only manage to remember things that i studied a few days ago but not those weeks ago concept i thought i would have nail it. So i am more concern with the question whether can i pay 600USD or 900USD when i re-register for CFA exam next June?

i don’t know if you get the books again, but I was under the impression that you just have to pay the 600 to register and not the other 400 or so to become a candidate. If you took it already in June, then you should have only had to pay 600 for this exam, right?

yes you are right, i paid $600 only for my Dec 2008 paper. So i am not sure whether i pay 900USD or 600USD again for June 2009 paper if i ever decided to take the exam again. With this bad economy and financial job market, i think i will take my time to do my CFA rather then rushing through it for i though i might be able to get into the sector before it crashed. But since it has crushed in my country, so i guess i just have to wait for years before the market pick up again.

The $400 is a one time fee. $600 is to register for the next exam and get the books. The June 2009 books will be different from the Dec 2008 books (but probably not by that much). Dec 2009 will be the same as the Jun 2009 material.

Thanks for the prompt reply, so i think i just take my time to take the exam. Anyway the last few weeks of intensive revision had really allow me to understand alot of concepts but is just not enough for me to pass the exam with a a good 70% ! Good lucks everyone

Funny… At least I have good excuses… Back to work for at least another hour…