"These pages are purposely left blank" - last two pages

Were we allowed to write on these pages of the exam booklet? I did not take advantage of it, but it would be good to know for next time. Please advise.

Yeah - they don’t care.

What are those pages for anyway? Do we really need to know that they were INTENTIONALLY left blank? I should have drawn a picture of what I think the CFA board of whatever look like in real life. I bet they all have thick glasses and wear suspenders.

“Intentionally left blank” is worth saying so no one panics because they think there is information that didn’t get printed in their particular booklet. If you need to draw diagrams or more scratch paper, you can use it for that.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you need to draw diagrams or more scratch > paper, you can use it for that. Also useful for doodling if you finish with 28 minutes to go, I suppose.

UndergradCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If you need to draw diagrams or more scratch > > paper, you can use it for that. > > Also useful for doodling if you finish with 28 > minutes to go, I suppose. yep. Even though the proctor was hot, she wouldn’t let me leave since I finished with 25mins to go. I ended up changing about 10 of my answers. I think I just shot myself in the foot with that. I should have just took a nap.

were the proctors CFA charterholders?

From my opinion, the proctors in Paris weren’t charterholders…this way they should’nt help you with your exam. Only invigilators are and even not sure about that… But there was so many proctors! “the afternoon session of the CFA exam is now over…stop writing…NOW” loooooool ^^

are we allowed to write anything on the exam book? I didn’t write anything on it, because I remembered that we aren’t allowed to mark the exam book.

That’s what I was wondering too, but I’m thinking probably not. In my test center I think they hired some company that helps to administer these kinds of standardized exams… There was a guy sitting right beside me who continued to write after time was called in the PM session. We were both sitting right in the front row of our sections and our lead proctor caught him. He had to tell him 2 or 3 times to stop writing! I’m sooo surprised he didn’t get failed on the spot, after hearing all the stories here… Looks like the proctor was pretty lenient.

No writing on the outside of the exam booklet allowed (other than what the proctor tell you to write). The rules are designed so that no one can write when the exam is not going on. You could presumably write down formulas and such on the outside before you’re allowed to start. But inside the book, anything goes.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No writing on the outside of the exam booklet > allowed (other than what the proctor tell you to > write). The rules are designed so that no one can > write when the exam is not going on. You could > presumably write down formulas and such on the > outside before you’re allowed to start. But > inside the book, anything goes. thanks for the info…