No Shows?

I was in a room that sat 108 people in Hartford, CT and I overheard the proctor say that there were like 76 people that were there. Anyone see a lot of empty seats?

Yeah man, LOADS… i took it in San Francisco… I’d say I saw about 20-30% empty seats. Roughly 600 candidates.

20% or so here in Seattle.

are these just people who were sponsored by their employer that slacked off when prepping? if my company found out that I didn’t even show they would be less than pleased? on the other hand, if i am dishing out my own cash for this thing i dont see how i could not even show up (id at least do it to just get a feel for the exam environment / types of questions).

I had a friend that signed up back in March. He ended up finding a better job in May and decided he was content. Did not even bother cracking a book. I told him he should take it to give him an edge in the future but he’s lazy.

That’s still debatable brianr :wink:

Chicago looked to be about 20% empty. But you gotta figure it’s a sunk cost, though. If passing the exam is worth maybe $10k, and you’d have to spend $500 for travel-related expenses, then rationally you shouldn’t take it if you figure you have less than a 5% chance of passing (hard to believe anyone would actually think that way, though - if you’re smart enough to figure the sunk cost angle, you should have a better shot at passing than that). And also, there were some pretty good college football games that I was disappointed to miss.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That’s still debatable brianr :wink: True but at least you’ll have a broader knowledge base.

boston was at least 30% empty…even more missing for afternoon

Los Angeles had a 45% no show rate… Wonder why it was so high

Thats quite odd, I thought London looked pretty full. I was in a room of approx 1500 and I could see a few empty desks but really not a lot. Maybe 5% no show rate. I dunno, that’s just what it felt like to me, could be wrong though. Maybe it just us british, perhaps everyone was really looking forward to the queue for the train station, then the queue to get seated, and the queue to get back out again. :wink:

Hard to say how many no-shows in Zurich. The room looked pretty full too. I’d guess no-show rate was between 10-20%.

About 10% - 15% in Karachi in the AM session. No-shows increased by 5% or so in the PM session.

700 people were reported for the Dallas exam. I’d say 20-30% were no shows. I was in the third row for my section, and had 2 empty seats in front of me and one right next to me. Everyone else around me was shaking like a mad man, really distracting/humorous.

NickTW Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 700 people were reported for the Dallas exam. I’d > say 20-30% were no shows. I was in the third row > for my section, and had 2 empty seats in front of > me and one right next to me. Everyone else around > me was shaking like a mad man, really > distracting/humorous. The guy I sat next to was rocking back and forth with his hands on his face, head down… this was before the AM session. Not exactly what I need to sit next to for an hour before the exam begins. He was better after lunch. I’m guessing he probably did alright and was able to shake his nervousness.

I WISH I took the exam in the Hartford. Grew up in Enfield, CT and moved to Chicago. Had fun with the 2000+.

I was in Hartford CT too. 1/3 of the seats in my room are empty. ste3686 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was in a room that sat 108 people in Hartford, > CT and I overheard the proctor say that there were > like 76 people that were there. > > Anyone see a lot of empty seats?

Are the NO SHOWS included in the 65% of people who failed statistics? Or 65% is the percentage of those who took both AM and PM tests?

Yes, no shows are counted as “fail”. This is one of the biggest reasons why passing rate is so low because it includes people who face the exam with half-assed attitude and in the end chicken out. Some probably are paid by the employer anyway, or want to have the “Level 1 Candidate” on their resume. So it’s wrong to think that people who tried and stayed on schedule have a passing rate of as low as only 35%. If you see that there are so many people who don’t even show up, the passing rate of 35% is not that low. This is why I’ll be very upset if I don’t get a pass after studying fairly hard these past 3 months.

no, i dont think so. 35% is out of candidates who appeared in the exam