Sleep now?

Are you able to sleep now? I am still going over q’s I missed and had to guess blindly becoz I run out of time…at least 8 in the AM section and about 5 in the PM. Based on people on this forum, looks like I did not manage my time well, and majority of the folks were not done early. Am still going over this and q’s I know I messed up…this is sick. And seriously scared about fail borderline ( a band 9 or 10)…this will really suck becoz I put in alot of time reading and practice q’s but not enough in practice exams. Just did one. Going over what I should and could have done…I know this is a waste of time and self defeating to go over over spilled milk…I am a mess at the moment hope this feeling will not last for long. God plz help me.

I am not sleeping either.

For about 1 month after the exam I kept waking up during the night and checked the books, or picking the calculator solving problems I remembered in my sleep. I am fine now:)

I think once I get my grade I will recover. I started taking stuff to help me sleep actually. I just keep rationalizing back and forth if I passed or failed. I keep thinking I def failed then I think 70+ questions is a lot of questions to get wrong lol. Map how did you deal with the anticipation? did you think you failed also?

map1 does not fail. There is no such thing as map1 and fail in a sentence. I have been drinking everyday with friends consistently after work since Saturday. It helps me sleep well

are u drinking now? lol j/k I remember Map said that she just passed.

you mean she :wink:

oops sorry, had no idea. I’ll edit my post. lol

Yes, I thought I failed. Actually, I could not sleep at all the night before the results were up. Then, when word was the results are posted, I could not enter the site to see it for myself. When I finally entered this scrambled page, I saw the percentage of pass:35%. I thought once more that I definitely failed. Was looking very concentrated I guess (my husband thought there was something wrong with me). And then I see PASS. I said “I passed…”, almost disappointed:) He was happier than me:) I was a total mess:) And I barely passed.

I never had sleeping problem before and after the exam. It is really a bless. I think it is because I dont have pressure like many others. I always tell myself no matter pass or fail, I take the challenge and it is an achievement.

What’s 35%? Passing rates? How do u know u barely passed from the scale they give? wow I can’t even imagine how I would feel to see PASS lol. Seriously tho, all that hard work paid off once u see those 4 letters.

If I fail I just look at it as a yr of my life down the toilet. I def learned a lot but I could’ve been one yr in on going for my MBA or something.

JR, you’ll see the % per each of the sections. I had 1 section<50%, 4 sections in between and 5 sections > 70%. So yes, I barely passed. But the first thing I saw on that page was the pass rate. Knowing the people on the board, I thought I failed (I’m not a smart cookie, I have to work hard to retain it all).

JP, you’re making it, I can feel it. I hope to heck we all pass. map1 are you on level 2 now?

JP same here…if I do not see PASS on jan 28, I put the last year of my life in the toilet. Ahh I feel worse now than before the exam! haha

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JP, you’re making it, I can feel it. I hope to > heck we all pass. map1 are you on level 2 now? Trying to. I registered for June 09.

Right on, even more pressure to pass :wink: I have my fingers and toes crossed

We’re all making it. Right now you should be thinking of how you’re going to update your resume with the words “CFA LEVEL 1”

lol thanks everyone for boosting my confidence. Chad lol, CFA Level 1 very funny

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We’re all making it. Right now you should be > thinking of how you’re going to update your resume > with the words “CFA LEVEL 1” Violation of the code of ethics and the standards of professional conduct (was that standard VII?). You can write “Level 2 candidate in the CFA Program” or something to that effect (after you register for L2 of course). But then again, I’m sure you were joking anyway. The sleeping problem gets better with time. After about a month, I was almost able to make it through a whole night without waking up. Seeing PASS on the screen made all of the hard work and sleepless nights worth it. I have a feeling that waiting the extra 4 weeks for the L2 results is going to be much more painful though.