*IF* (touch wood) you fail the exam, will you retake?

I’m pretty sure if I fail my June 2009 I won’t. I genuinely like this CFA thing, but I’m won’t spend more than 3 years of my life trying to get this designation. (Of course the flip side of it is that I’ll be freakin serious with my study, or so I hope.)

I think that you should quit now. Getting your charter requires more commitment than that.

I’d definitely take it again.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think that you should quit now. Getting your > charter requires more commitment than that. I don’t think it’s a straight question of commitment Joey - you also need to consider the appropriateness of the charter and whether or not it is the best bang for your buck (so to speak). You can’t really know what the course entails until you’ve at least attempted Level 1, but once you have at least you can then make an imformed choice about whether or not it is the right thing to do (for you). If I fail I’m going to do some real deep thinking about whether to continue, mainly because the CFA is probably overkill for my career.

I agree with Joey…especially now becoz you already familiar with the material. However am concerned about the expiration of the software material e,g stalla lecture CD’s and Passmaster. Does this mean that i will need to re-purchase them again? I have already spend enough on them. Mine expires early 2009. Very concerned!!.

I know Kaplan has a discount if you fail, check with Stella, but yes a new curriculum is in play. Thus, new LOS’s…etc. Its an “investment”

23adam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with Joey…especially now becoz you > already familiar with the material. > > However am concerned about the expiration of the > software material e,g stalla lecture CD’s and > Passmaster. Does this mean that i will need to > re-purchase them again? I have already spend > enough on them. Mine expires early 2009. Very > concerned!!. Can you just set the date back on your computer?

thanks Joey,…It gives me a message " system mismatch"…and won’t open the software.

Joey I think you misunderstood me. I’m willing to work my ass off for 3 years for this–the commitment is there. But that’s it–for the exams. Getting my charter is a different thing, and I suppose will not be as weekend-burning as studying thousands of pages of books. That’s another thing altogether and I’ll see if I want to go ahead with it after I’ve passed L3.

i dont think illcontinue if i dont pass. I gave it everything and more this time. I not going through it again

I sincerely hope you will pass :slight_smile:

djjk1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont think illcontinue if i dont pass. I gave > it everything and more this time. I not going > through it again Dude you are going to pass.

23adam Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > thanks Joey,…It gives me a message " system > mismatch"…and won’t open the software. You probably need to change the clock in BIOS, not just your operating system.

Aah…what is BIOS?

You know when you reboot your PC it says something like “press DEL to access BIOS settings” or something like that? That’s the one.

rayllionaire Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Joey I think you misunderstood me. I’m willing to > work my ass off for 3 years for this–the > commitment is there. But that’s it–for the > exams. > > Getting my charter is a different thing, and I > suppose will not be as weekend-burning as studying > thousands of pages of books. That’s another thing > altogether and I’ll see if I want to go ahead with > it after I’ve passed L3. Level II blows the doors off level I, so if you lack the motivation to repeat LI, you almost certaintly lack the motivation to cut through LII.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Level II blows the doors off level I, so if you > lack the motivation to repeat LI, you almost > certaintly lack the motivation to cut through LII. I don’t know how you got to that conclusion. I am VERY motivated to cut through L1. I am reading this everyday, working through QBank, etc. When I have passed L1, I will give L2 my everything as well. I’ll work my behind off to pass L2. Same goes for L3. What I am NOT going to do is to repeat LI. That’s a totally separate issue from how motivated I am in killing the exam *on my first attempt*.