way too lazy to start level 2....

plus not motivated since i have not received my result

me and you both

Same here. I tried to start studying with a friend who’s taking level 2 in June and I just couldn’t get into it at the time.

i know. I am so not ready to open any book or spend 4 hours at coffee shop studying. I have been working out a lot lately though.

ssdnola Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i know. I am so not ready to open any book or > spend 4 hours at coffee shop studying. I have been > working out a lot lately though. Ditto. I’ve been trying to get through the first Ethics reading that’s on the CFA web-site, and I just can’t concentrate! But I’m in great shape (though I’ve also been cooking a lot which has completely negated the working out).

Dude… im with u. Seriously i just wanna party as I have been.

Same here same here… still anxious for the result… but hang on… 13 more days and it will be either Heaven / Hell

CPAmak Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same here same here… still anxious for the > result… > but hang on… 13 more days and it will be either > Heaven / Hell 20 days

me too. I’ve been reading the ethics section from a study guide (since I’ll have to re-do that anyway for the resit) but it looks dangerously identical to the level 1 section… leading to me concentrate only very minimally. I have made a kick-ass colourfull study plan in preparation for that unlikely event that I pass though which was a well-spent 3 hours.

I’ve always wondered how anyone can possibly study without even getting a result yet. I rather get the pass result then put in full effort to study instead of studying with half-assed attitude while being so anxious of the result. If you happen to not pass, well guess what, you just wasted hours of your time studying your L2.

Actually ethics is practically identical. so starting with that is not a waste. And improving your understanding of level 2 equity valuation will only make you better at level 1.

Same here… Would love the head start, but I can’t get myself to study before knowing the results… I will try and start reading though with 2008 material from a friend. But probably won’t create a study plan, etc. until results are out.

good to see all the familiar AFers in the same boat as me! ive got some old schweser pdf notes for lvl 2 but have only read about 30 pages of equity val (given its 20-30% weighting) book on the bus. I really couldnt be bothered til i know the result.

I have my coworker’s Level 2 Schweser books (from 2008) sitting on my desk, but I enjoy going home early and sleeping.

I’m in the same boat. I keep seeing the counter on the homepage of the site go down, but I still can’t motivate myself to start studying until I get my results back.

I’m going to the bar this Friday night. My fiancee and I are having people over for dinner Saturday night. I have discovered what it’s like to be in your 20’s and have a life again. I don’t want it to go away. That said, I have a study plan in place starting Jan 31st if I passed, and a bottle of scoth for Jan 28th if I failed. Luckily the superbowl is Feb 1, so I won’t feel guilty watching my Steelers bring home thier 6th ring.

damn Giants broke my heart

JP_RL_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > damn Giants broke my heart Same for me with the Colts.

i started studying for level 2 like two weeks after the exam in dec. I dont see any reason to stop considering I’ve already rearranged so many things in my life to support this effort, why backtrack? If I failed, I really haven’t lost anything since my employer pays for this anyway, and if I passed then i would have lost six weeks of study time. Four day weekend coming up, plan to study 3 of 4 mornings during the break. I think I should have a ‘first pass’ at level 2 done by end Jan, if all goes well.