Jan. 28

suddenly unable to sleep again. at least work said i could take the day off… how is everyone else holding up? Joey? Aliman? JP?

I’m sleeping okay but I am getting nervous. 2 weeks away. Stay positive man. The PM section is haunting me tho lol

Joey? i thought he is already a charter holder??

I’ll be at work that day. The day I got the fail results in July was the most unproductive day I have ever had at work. Most of it was spent b!tching with all the other failer’s on the L1 board.

I’m finding it hard to sleep these days as well. Just gotta stay positive and pray for the best. PM session hurt my chances…a LOT

And to make matters worse, I was just going through june '08 results thread and there every one who’s passed seems to have got more than 70% in all topic areas. And i’m really really nervous about ethics now… Anyway best of luck to everyone here!!

faraz70s Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Joey? i thought he is already a charter holder?? Yep, charterholder for awhile. But I understand rsults jitters. For what it’s worth, results day is a day of celebration for most AF’ers. Many, many of you will pass with excellent marks.

Drink a glass of red win at night if you’re having trouble sleeping. Always works for me.

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll be at work that day. > > The day I got the fail results in July was the > most unproductive day I have ever had at work. > Most of it was spent b!tching with all the other > failer’s on the L1 board. What was your other name? - how long have you been around on AF . . . I wish I had known about AF sooner… - projectplatnyc

I’m sleeping fine, but I generally get pissed off when people ask me if I’ve found out my results yet, and I realize that there’s still X number of weeks left. And I had planned to be studying pretty diligently by this point for LII, but I have no motivation.

How will a lack of sleep change anything? What’s done is done. Just enjoy your life. If you did well, you will pass, if not, the opposite will happen, and you can always try again. It’s not falling down that matters, but how you get back up after been knocked down. Failing is not end of the world. I’m currently studying for the L1 in June…, and I’m going to pass that sucker.

philip.platt Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ll be at work that day. > > > > The day I got the fail results in July was the > > most unproductive day I have ever had at work. > > Most of it was spent b!tching with all the > other > > failer’s on the L1 board. > > > What was your other name? - how long have you been > around on AF . . . I wish I had known about AF > sooner… > > - projectplatnyc I used to be KJH. I changed it for several reasons. Someone was recently banned and I gave my old name to them. I’ve been on AF for some time. I did some due dilly on the CFA since I thought it was an exam only for smart people due to the pass rates. After some q&a on the Level 1 boards, the members convinced me to take it so I did.

Hey Joey, I just wonder what you are doing for life? Just for the sake of my curiousity =)

I think I felt good about the exam when I walked out the door at the javits ctr in december, but since then I’ve only been able to think about the 5 or so questions that I know for certain that I got wrong and now my confidence is absolutely cratered. Trying not to think about it.

dmn224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think I felt good about the exam when I walked > out the door at the javits ctr in december, but > since then I’ve only been able to think about the > 5 or so questions that I know for certain that I > got wrong and now my confidence is absolutely > cratered. Trying not to think about it. Same thing happened to me. I felt super confident directly after the June exam but started getting paranoid shortly after when I saw people discussing questions. In anticipation for the results I had at least 10-15 dreams about royally fucking up the exam - being late, missing it, forgetting to study, etc. It was a nightmare. I ended up passing with flying colors.

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > philip.platt Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’ll be at work that day. > > > > > > The day I got the fail results in July was > the > > > most unproductive day I have ever had at work. > > > > Most of it was spent b!tching with all the > > other > > > failer’s on the L1 board. > > > > > > What was your other name? - how long have you > been > > around on AF . . . I wish I had known about AF > > sooner… > > > > - projectplatnyc > > > I used to be KJH. I changed it for several > reasons. Someone was recently banned and I gave > my old name to them. > > I’ve been on AF for some time. I did some due > dilly on the CFA since I thought it was an exam > only for smart people due to the pass rates. > After some q&a on the Level 1 boards, the members > convinced me to take it so I did. oh ok - nice man

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dmn224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I think I felt good about the exam when I > walked > > out the door at the javits ctr in december, but > > since then I’ve only been able to think about > the > > 5 or so questions that I know for certain that > I > > got wrong and now my confidence is absolutely > > cratered. Trying not to think about it. > > Same thing happened to me. I felt super confident > directly after the June exam but started getting > paranoid shortly after when I saw people > discussing questions. In anticipation for the > results I had at least 10-15 dreams about royally > fucking up the exam - being late, missing it, > forgetting to study, etc. It was a nightmare. I > ended up passing with flying colors. I hope I have a similar result (minus the CFAmares)!

i resolved to just begin studying for level 2. it takes your mind off the exam results and in any events lets you maintain the momentum. if i failed, I haven’t lost anything. If I passed and didnt start on level 2, I would have lost 6 weeks study time for nothing

Why would you take a day off of work for the RESULTS? Check them at work. Don’t blow a vacation day on that, save em for the days before the exam. Yeah, the day will be zero productivity up to 9:01 AM, but that shouldn’t be a big deal… Market’s not even open then.

Yeah I’m starting to not feel as confident now and really don’t want to fail. I had three dreams in a row last week in which I failed level I and I never dream about academics. Definitely woke up with an increased heart rate. I’m going to be crushed if I fail! I already have, what seems like a million, people asking me if I’ve got the results yet, this sucks.