For those who failed.

While I see very few failing scores, I’m sure there are plenty of people who did not pass who are avoiding the forum. If you failed, breath. You’re still standing. I can say this because I was one of those failure AFers last June. I was so excited, I knew I would be close, but I was sure I killed it, I mean, I’m an AFer after all. I log in on that last Tuesday in July and saw the big fat FAIL next to my name. My posture gave out, and it felt like a locomotive was running through my stomach. I was so angry! With that anger came vengeance. I vowed to kill this mfker in December, and I did. Go and do likewise, June is not that far away. Grab this bull by the horns and do it! I plan on hanging around and answering questions as I can. I’m sure other members will be too. Likewise become friends with Map1! She is a lifesaver on ANY L1 topic/question.

I’m a band 10 failure. This was my first attempt and while I’m not trying to make excuses, I fully underestimated the exam. I just finished registering for the June L1. While it was disappointing to see that ‘Fail’ when I logged in this morning, I’m taking my failure as an experience that will be used to better myself for the exam in June. Hopefully I can learn from my mistakes and study just that much harder the next time around. Congratulations to all who passed. You all definitely deserve it. Happy studying for L2 in June!!

Thanks for the nice words ditch…

I also failed last time and passed this time. For all those who tried and failed trust me you retain WAY more than you realize.

I could not agree more with ditch, as I can totally relate. I was also a AFer last June (under a different name) and failed band 9. It takes a while for it to sink in. And when you pick up the books again for the retake, it is hard… But don’t get discouraged. I found plenty of support on this forum from retakers and worked hard to pass it this time around. And I must say I feel it was totally worth it. Good luck next time around!

Thanks for your comments ditch. I failed band 9 and although I’m very disappointed, I’m not embarrassed to say I failed…I don’t care what anyone says, this exam is HARD. However, I am more encouraged than ever to get back to the books and kill it in June. And I’ve decided on the below plus points to retaking in June: 1. Assuming I pass in June, I get much longer to study for Level 2 2. Get to take the exam in the summer when the exam room isn’t freezing! 3. Now that I’ve done it once I know what to expect in June so won’t be as nervous. 4. I was close this time, so hopefully it will be easier to study for next time! Keep positive guys, I’m going to be hanging around here a lot more from now on, and I’ll being posting ‘PASS’ in June 09!!

To echo what ditch said, I have taken the test twice, and failed. I took it this year for a third time, and passed. The first time, I failed because I underestimated the exam. The second time, I got the exact same distro as a colleague who passed, but I failed. I was pretty disappointed, and took a year and a half off. Last June, I finally decided it was too important not to pass this test, both as proof to myself that I could do it, and for my career. After my third attempt, I finally passed. The feeling is really great. For those that did not pass, I really recommend going for it again. You are smart enough to pass it. You probably just go unlucky. Good luck.

KJH, your encouragement definitely helped me sign up again last June, so thank you. For everyone who failed, I am also a 2nd time taker - you’ll move a lot faster this time around. It’s definitely possible if I can do it. And if you failed 2nd time - it’s just matter of time until you hop over.

i failed after a week of studying and i’m not surprised at all, at least now i have an idea what it takes to pass. I need to be serious, and study more, WAY more. Jun09 or Dec09 here i come!! I ain’t giving up, and this time no more excuses:)

I totally agree with the above…I am also a second taker, and it hurt like hell, the last June when I saw fail…this time, I was too freaked out to even login. The Pass was unbelievable…I still cannot believe it…It is possible… For those who did not make it…hang in there…do not give up, just dig in again, and retake…don’t overanalyze it, Just do it!!! If you want it hard enough, you will get it in due time…sign up and give yourself just one day to feel sorry for yourself. Then go at it again…I think it is an important exam in the times we are living to let it go. Push ON. Cheers!!

Here’s my two cents: Ethics and FSA. I was 50-70 in everything but FSA, Ethics and Quant. Luckily the first two are the most important subjects on the test.

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Likewise become friends with Map1! She is a > lifesaver on ANY L1 topic/question. Except I wanna be friends with the people on L2 boards:) I’m kind of scared of them:)) I cannot wait to see you there ditchdigger! Good luck to all the folks taking the exam in June (either L1 or L2), congrats to all those passing, and follow ditchdigger’s words those of you that did not make it this time around. I was a failed candidate last December, I hope I’m not going to be a failed candidate this next June.

Thanks for the words of support, it helps to hear from someone who has retaken this thing. I just failed on my second attempt and am pretty crushed. That said, I’m was so close that I know I can do this…I’d have given up already if I had any doubts. I guess at least now I know what I need to do…

I failed in Band 10…and you know what, it really sucks…This was not my first attempt either. …35% Passing Rate…I do not believe this…It is very demotivating to see that you are in the “Top 10%” of the people who failed and perhaps couple answers away to have a PASS mark…I am planning to apply for Retabulation…But I am not sure if that really matters at all…It would be a waste of another 100 bucks…I am not a quitter…But for now, I do not see a ray of hope. I do not intend to be rude or cribbing…I guess it will take some time for me to get geared up… All the best to all…!!!

kevin.venanzi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m a band 10 failure. This was my first attempt > and while I’m not trying to make excuses, I fully > underestimated the exam. I just finished > registering for the June L1. While it was > disappointing to see that ‘Fail’ when I logged in > this morning, I’m taking my failure as an > experience that will be used to better myself for > the exam in June. Hopefully I can learn from my > mistakes and study just that much harder the next > time around. > > Congratulations to all who passed. You all > definitely deserve it. Happy studying for L2 in > June!! Best of luck to you in June 09. Actually you don’t need any luck, you’d ace it next time :).

neha_km Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I failed in Band 10…and you know what, it > really sucks…This was not my first attempt > either. …35% Passing Rate…I do not believe > this…It is very demotivating to see that you > are in the “Top 10%” of the people who failed and > perhaps couple answers away to have a PASS > mark…I am planning to apply for > Retabulation…But I am not sure if that really > matters at all…It would be a waste of another > 100 bucks…I am not a quitter…But for now, I > do not see a ray of hope. > > I do not intend to be rude or cribbing…I guess > it will take some time for me to get geared > up… > > All the best to all…!!! I understand that! Save the $100 for a night out on the town. Joey has preached for years that a score on af has never been overturned. He said he heard of 1 case in Russia for some obscure reason, but even that hardly justifies it. I was band 10 too! I know how you feel.

The December exam was my 2nd attempt and I failed in the band 9. I’m feeling quite disappointed with the fact that I got a lowered score in my favorite section: Equity. Based on the 40/60/80 assumption, I’m in the 63% margin… I’m feeling extremely burned out and still trying to decide whether if I should do it again in June.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > Likewise become friends with Map1! She is a > > lifesaver on ANY L1 topic/question. > > Except I wanna be friends with the people on L2 > boards:) I’m kind of scared of them:)) > > I cannot wait to see you there ditchdigger! > > Good luck to all the folks taking the exam in June > (either L1 or L2), congrats to all those passing, > and follow ditchdigger’s words those of you that > did not make it this time around. > > I was a failed candidate last December, I hope I’m > not going to be a failed candidate this next June. Thanks for all the help map1, you were instrumental in my passing. Also, very inspirational words ditch, I hope it pushes people to re-register. Do not let the exam win!

Failed Band 10 here. First timer here. Dissapointed of course, but the exam sure gave me a feel to gauge the difficulty & level of commitment required to PASS it. Was sorta expecting band 10 if I didn’t make it so it wasnt entirely a surprise today morning. Well, guess the only excuse I’ve got is that times are rough and CFAI needs to keep their cash flow healthy by making us sign up again :stuck_out_tongue: But at least I know there’s only going to be 3 answers to choose from during June’s L1. (still owndering if that makes any difference). All in all, guess I’ll be L1-ing in London summertime. Sure its gonna be a lot different compared to McCormick Place in Chi-town. Thanks again for all the help and support from AF-ers here! Will probably see some of you more often here on this forum now.

I failed the December 2008, i’m in the band 9 group, i feel bad, really bad, i cant understand why i shd fail the exam, i felt i aced it, i’m angry, oh God!i am just so mad right now!