Mock/Sample/Practice Exams Results Thread

I thought it would be beneficial and somewhat motivational to start a community results thread. Schweser Vol 1 AM 05/06/09: 75%, 90/120 Thoughts: Was a little shocked by my score given this is my first practice/sample/mock. I was expecting a score of ~60-65% or so. Picked up the calc very little in this exam. Very conceptual and a lot of the “least likely” type questions. Shocked by my 67% in ethics. I’ve been consistently scoring 90+ in Ethics in Stalla PM Progress Exams. Econ was worst section as I expected it would be. At 10%, not a section I want to punt. Next up CFAi Sample 1 & 2. Sorry if there is a similar thread lingering out there, but I searched the first 4 pages or so and nothing turned up…

I think at this point people aren’t posting results unless they are +70%…and for good reason, it’s a psychological thing. I haven’t started any Schweser mocks but I am scoring 75% - 80% on all qbank/schweser/cfai questions and one CFAI mock exam. You look like your in good shape dhwit. It’s funny you mention ethics in that way. I was getting 90%+ on the hardest setting in qbank and I got low 70s on the mock. Back to the SPH and GIPS!!! How is everyone else doing?

@dwhit Agree with you ethics on Schweser Volume 1, exam 1 AM was a mare. I scored 61% - afternoon paper is a lot easier. If you want to see how you score compared to everyone else, plug the scores in on the Schweser website. There are a couple of hundred scores in already. @cfacowtown My scores are all over the shop… late 60’s on one sample, to early 80’s on one Schweser. I’m taking another Schweser this weekend, then our local society is holding a mock on 16th. CFAI mock on 23rd, Last Schweser on 30th and roll on game day…

5/4 - Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 AM - 67% 5/6 - Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 PM - 72% I’ll be doing 3 mocks/samples a week + review until exam day. Good luck everyone!

Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 AM- 81% - 50% on ethics… ouch. Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 PM- 87% - 72% on ethics… still ouch. So Saturday I’m re-reading all of ethics again, as I haven’t gone over it very closely in like a month. Hopefully i can boost those scores, as I’m not that comfortable with them where they are. Does anyone find the Vol 1 exams similar in difficulty to Q-Bank overall? I’ve done four Q-Bank tests and gotten between 80-80% on them, which is comparable to the two listed above. I do get a 80-95% on ethics on Q-bank though… strange.

sbmarti2, I have found qbank to be a bit easier than volume 1 but not by much. My score on my last qbank test was 89% and volume 1 exam was 84%…I didn’t feel like I scored 84% on the exam though, I definitely have work to do.

Yeah, I have the unfortunate trait of looking seeing 20% wrong when I score an 80%. It’ll help in the long run, but I’d prefer to be scoring consistently in the 90’s before I get confident. Q-Bank has some really easy questions and some badly worded ones as well. None of them so far have really stumped me in the way where you don’t even know where to begin.

When I was scoring 60% awhile back on qbank I thought, If I could just get 80% i’d be confident before the exam. Now that i’m at the 80s I think I am getting greedy. 80% just doesn’t feel like enough, given the amount of material. Back to it I guess.

I also found the Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 AM much more difficult than the PM. I got 72% on the AM (with 44% in Ethics-aaaah) but then 83% on the PM with 89% in Ethics. What gives? Also a 73% in the first CFA sample. QBank is indeed much easier.

sbmarti2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 AM- 81% - 50% on ethics… > ouch. > Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 PM- 87% - 72% on ethics… > still ouch. > Jeez… put the review on ice and give the rest of us a chance on the 6th!

Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 AM 64% Schweser Vol 1 Exam 1 PM 73% Schweser Vol 1 Exam 2 AM 73% Schweser Vol 1 Exam 2 PM 75% CFAI Sample Exam (the free one) 76% I will be saving Schweser Vol 1 Exam 3 for beg of June. Will work on Sch. Vol 2, although I heard Vol 2 is much harder than CFA exams.

Sample exam 1: 78% CFAI Mock 1 AM: 85% CFAI Mock 1 PM: 75% Mock 1AM was pretty tough, but Mock 1PM blows it out of the water…sheesh…

I’m curious to know if anyone is monitoring their time when taking these questions? Are you keeping under the 3 hour limit for the mocks? Personally I have seen moderate improvements in the time it takes to complete a question, but Schweser book 7 destroyed that handily.

I haven’t looked at book seven yet, but for 120 question Q-Bank tests and for the book six sample exams, I usually take between an hour and a half to two hours. I’ve always been a fast test taker though. I just did another 120 question Q-Bank test and it took me 80 minutes.

Schweser Vol 1 AM 05/06/09: 75%, 90/120 ***Updated Results*** CFAi Sample 1 05/09/09: 70% Ethics - 88.89% Quant - 71.43% Econ - 66.67% FRA - 41.67% Corp Finance - 100% Equity - 66.67% Derivatives - 66.7% Alts - 33.33% FI - 83.33% Port Mgmt - 100% Thoughts: Seemed like a lot of trivial pursuit, definitional type questions rather than application. FRA score is terrifying. If I score 41% on June 6th, I fail, period. I’m not sure how to proceed w/ FRA. I never thought it would be my strongest section, but expected to score in the 60’s. CFAi Sample 2 05/10/09: 65% Ethics - 77.78% Quant - 85.71% Econ - 50% FRA - 58.33% Corp Finance - 80% Equity - 66.67% Derivatives - 0% Alts - 66.67% FI - 83.33% Port Mgmt - 33.33% Thoughts: Made a couple dumb mistakes like reading the questions incorrectly. Prime example is derivatives. I approached one question as if it was a call, but was actually a put. Other than that, probably a fair score overall. I’m picking up on a trend in my results. I’m strong in Ethics, Quant, Corp Finance, and FI, but really slacking in Econ and FRA.

Just took Schweser 2009 Volume 1 AM - 82% I am a band 10 candidate from December 2008 and found most of the questions identical to the Schweser Volume 1 2008.

Has anyone taken the Stalla Mock AM - in class or CD - yet? I took it in class on Saturday - got a raw score of 73/120=61%. How are others that have taken the test trending? Thanks.

Exam 1 AM: 73% Exam 1 PM: 84%

UWS Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has anyone taken the Stalla Mock AM - in class or > CD - yet? > > I took it in class on Saturday - got a raw score > of 73/120=61%. > > How are others that have taken the test trending? > I took Stalla Practice Exam, scored 68% :frowning: