Calculator for the exam

Can I bring two calculators for the CFA exam? cuz I find that BA II Plus is good for calculating numbers like PV, FV, coupon, but my Casio calculator works better when calculating the simple calculations. Can anyone help? thanks!

As long as it is one of the two approved CFA calculators, then yes. Not positive about your Casio, but i’m pretty sure the answer to that one is no.

You cannot use any calculator other than the approved ones (TI and HP, and their professional/platiunum equivalents). Even a simple four-function calculator will need to be left outside. If you use it on the exam, you’re at risk of having your results disqualified. Remember that the proctors are not professionals. They’re just paid to enforce the rules, and for things like calculators, they don’t have much discretion.

Leave the Casio at home. Bringing it to the exam is a catastrophe waiting to happen. Better yet stop using it completely.

thanks everyone!! Will throw that casio away and get used to the BA II plus for all the calculations. Should have checked the approved calculator list before asking this silly question lol

heidiwong Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can I bring two calculators for the CFA exam? > > cuz I find that BA II Plus is good for calculating > numbers like PV, FV, coupon, but my Casio > calculator works better when calculating the > simple calculations. > > Can anyone help? thanks! Bring your Casio and your 1 page cheat sheet. You can’t go wrong.

cfa222 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > heidiwong Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Can I bring two calculators for the CFA exam? > > > > cuz I find that BA II Plus is good for > calculating > > numbers like PV, FV, coupon, but my Casio > > calculator works better when calculating the > > simple calculations. > > > > Can anyone help? thanks! > > > Bring your Casio and your 1 page cheat sheet. You > can’t go wrong. Don’t forget, the cheat sheet is only one side of the page, hand written!

man things have changed when i wrote it i was allowed to bring a charter holder :stuck_out_tongue: