unbelievable!!!

an indian guy from my office has failed the cfa level I exam sending everyone working there into a total shock especially when he took 10 days off to study for the exam… No Indian has ever failed a CFA exam from our office in the last 10 years until yesterday!!!

Booo Fcking hooo.

give me a break!!! why do we keep on raising ethnicity, difficulty levels of IIT and other NON CFA exams and which race is good at what,etc, etc issues here? I am myself an Indian, a proud Indian… but you like it or not ;in my opinion; CFA exams need preparation + knowing the curriculum inside out (both memory wise and concepts wise) If you have not studied for it irrespective of your background YOU WILL FAIL. Ask him to put in more effort next time and he will pass it (Again not because he is an Indian but because he would have mastered the curriculum)…

Well then he is record-breaker. Congratulate him son!

does anyone have chad’s number? he hasnt nuked any thread today. I think this might be the one…

Feather or Dot?

wtf should he get a special treatment on this board – junk this thread

+1 this thread should be removed. sop123: does your company not have cultural diversity training??? Why are so many CFA candidates getting an international designation so damnn disrespectful and ignorant? I like to think I’m learning with a group of professionals but how wrong I am. What a shame. Maybe CFAI needs to incorporate some cultural diversity and gender bias/sexual harassment training in their ethics coverage on professional conduct. I can’t tell you how many times Morgan Stanley and other have been sued over it. AJ8888 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > give me a break!!! why do we keep on raising > ethnicity, difficulty levels of IIT and other NON > CFA exams and which race is good at what,etc, etc > issues here? > I am myself an Indian, a proud Indian… but you > like it or not ;in my opinion; CFA exams need > preparation + knowing the curriculum inside out > (both memory wise and concepts wise) > If you have not studied for it irrespective of > your background YOU WILL FAIL. > Ask him to put in more effort next time and he > will pass it (Again not because he is an Indian > but because he would have mastered the > curriculum)…

young money

i hear ya, sop123. native americans kick butt in cfa exams in our office as well

could also be south/central americans (inca, maya, aztec indians)

equally shocking thread. it seems some folks from your office passed, but they voilated the ethics (both cfa & professional). AF should discourage such users & threads

sop123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > an indian guy from my office has failed the cfa > level I exam sending everyone working there into a > total shock especially when he took 10 days off to > study for the exam… No Indian has ever failed a > CFA exam from our office in the last 10 years > until yesterday!!! Your very first post tells pretty much how ethical you are. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?13,775375,775375#msg-775375 Well, to post such a comment, you must be really jealous of the track record set by Indians in your office and you seem to have a mental orgasm in witnessing the failure of a guy by treating his failure as failure of the all Indians around you.

I did hear that Indians manage a better than average pass percentage, but nowhere did I read that they manage 100%. People here do fail u know… sop123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > an indian guy from my office has failed the cfa > level I exam sending everyone working there into a > total shock especially when he took 10 days off to > study for the exam… No Indian has ever failed a > CFA exam from our office in the last 10 years > until yesterday!!!

Wow, way to make the guy feel like a complete bag of crap.

ban this mofo too

Chill out guys. It’s a simple fact of life in the US that Asians are stereotyped as being geeks and/or superior test takers. But trust me this is a lot better than the stereotypes other minorities have to deal with!

Stereotyping people/Asians as being super nerds or super test takers is NOT a good happy stereotype for Asians, trust me I know. So if something is wrong we should just sit there and accept it??? I don’t think so. It furthers this “Model Minority” myth. As good CFA candidates, we need to look deeper into numbers and statistics. Break out the Asian American group and you will see massive education problems between ethnicities, very high high school drop out rates for the Vietnamese, Laotians, Cambodians…ect. “Many people go even further and argue that since Asian Americans are doing so well, we no longer experience any discrimination and that Asian Americans no longer need public services such as bilingual education, government documents in multiple languages, and welfare. Further, using the first stereotype of Asian Americans, many just assume that all Asian Americans are successful and that none of us are struggling. Again, we need to remember that not all Asian Americans are the same. For every Chinese American or South Asian who has a college degree, the same number of Southeast Asians are still struggling to adapt to their lives in the U.S. For example, as shown in the tables in the Socioeconomic Statistics & Demographics article, Vietnamese Americans only have a college degree attainment rate of 20%, less than half the rate for other Asian American ethnic groups. The rates for Laotians, Cambodians, and Khmer are even lower at less than 10%.” Lets not lump everybody into a basket b/c we are too lazy to learn/understand more or too self-centered to care. To add insult to injury…see the follow my friend Rob posted on Facebook about how negative stereotypes of Asian have wronged even Japanese cartoons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAbJgXUM4o4 Sorry for the long post but thanks for reading. Read more: http://www.asian-nation.org/model-minority.shtml#ixzz0MnGu4dMl

had tandopri chicken wings for dinner - one of those frozen packages from the local supermarket, but this one’s awsome - tastes just like the real deal. Richards Red tastes 10X better with this chicken. Now, I over-ate and can’t sleep. Unbelievable!!!

forgot to mention the main point… you guys are awsome!!!