Many changes for 2010 Level 2?

I just received the 2010 Level 2 curriculum. A friend gave me his 2008 level 2 texts so first thing I did was compare the materials - many more changes than I expected (new texts, editions, readings). Makes me think it is not even worth looking at Schweser or Stalla until they put out the current version in December. Any thoughts?

You are better off studying CFAI books until Schweser or Stalla comes out with their notes

You should be thankful- Taxes from PM has been removed. They have added a reading on private company valuation http://www.finquiz.com/tips

Thanks for the link. I see that most of the changes I was observing took place from 2008 to 2009.

PM taxes sucked, but once you memorized that one formula with T* and R* you could pretty much do any PM-tax problem. Naturally, I don’t remember it anymore.

dlpicket Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Naturally, I don’t remember it > anymore. I like forgot it the day after the exam.

Milos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dlpicket Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Naturally, I don’t remember it > > anymore. > > I like forgot it the day after the exam. wow, i seriously can’t remember those formulas.

doesnt CFAI post what teh curriculum changes were? or maybe stalla posts that changes flyer…ill look and post when i find it.

billbelemy22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > doesnt CFAI post what teh curriculum changes > were? > > or maybe stalla posts that changes flyer…ill > look and post when i find it. Not that I know of. Usually the list of changes from prior year were compiled by candidates like you and me.

Speaking of forgetting formulas… I feel like a sinner. I’ve already forgotten many of the formulas I used to know. Is it just me or is everyone else going through this? Even formula for money market yield, bank discount yield and the like have already left my brain. This might call for some review of Lvl1 materials before beginning w Lvl 2.

Forgotten formulas as well *sigh*