Failed for the 2nd time

Life sucks. Put in real good effort and got a lower band score of 7 than last year’s 9. If you are in the same boat, let’s make ourselves feel more helpless and deterministic, and hopefully renewed for the same battle again 9months time. We might not still succeed, but by then, our shield towards failure would have strengthened and that itself it worth every ounce of effort we can struggle against. To face and conquer failures and rejections again and again and again and again, and not surrender would make Nietzsche so proud. May I feel renewed tomorrow but no regrets if tonight i sleep forever…

I failed L2 two times before I took it this June for the third time and passed. It’s a very hard exam, plain and simple.

May I feel renewed tomorrow but no regrets if tonight i sleep forever… I like that line…

1 Like

I respect you for posting this thread hplee. I wanted to myself but didn’t have the cojones to do it. Its hard to admit it, but this is also my second fail. I failed back in 2007 (took 2008 off) At this point I’m not too gung-ho about going for it again. This is just not the right time for me to decide. I’ll revisit that decision in a couple of months. Best of luck…

I wouldn’t sweat it too much. I failed for the second time as well with a worse band after feeling confident and getting close to 80% on the actual CFA practice exams that were offered for free. I also killed the QBANK so I am baffled. We’ll all pass next year. I’m just going to focus on the cirriculumm start earlier and use the QBANK on hard. Seriously, especially if you’re still young, it’s not going to put you back that far.

hey guys, am in the same boat… took level 2 last year 2 weeks before my wedding and failed band 3. didn’t get a lot of focused studying due to lots of traveling from jan-jun. now i got good time to study and failed again. this time around with band 9. not sure if i should continue. wats ur take on this? worth giving it one more shot or cut ur losses and move on?!?

This sucks AGAIN!!! Funny thing is I did really well in all the practice exams, Qbanks, etc. Even funnier is the fact that I nailed Equity in practice exams and that was my worst section in the exam. Then the sections I barely studied for and which I was worried I scored > 70! Despite being absolutely certain I will pass next year, I’m baffled as to why my scored was so unexpectedly random! Then again, although I had a feeling I would fail last year, my scores made no sense either. Anyone else had this happen or is it just my bad perception?? Best of luck to all…

Red Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This sucks AGAIN!!! > > Funny thing is I did really well in all the > practice exams, Qbanks, etc. Even funnier is the > fact that I nailed Equity in practice exams and > that was my worst section in the exam. Then the > sections I barely studied for and which I was > worried I scored > 70! Despite being absolutely > certain I will pass next year, I’m baffled as to > why my scored was so unexpectedly random! Then > again, although I had a feeling I would fail last > year, my scores made no sense either. > > Anyone else had this happen or is it just my bad > perception?? > > Best of luck to all… I was surprised too, b/c the sections I scored best on in the shweser practice exams, were my absolute worst on the actual exam. It makes no sense to me!

i am going to do more of the CFAI end of chapter questions this go around. there were a few questions on the exam that were straight from those areas.

I’m in the same boat as well. It’s the worst feeling to fail for the second time especially when everyone around you passed. Even though I did better this time around I still feel sick to my stomach and wish this day would just end. I’m beyond disappointed in myself and I’m not even sure I want to re-write the exam in 2010. My motivation has totally gone out the window…

I agree you should do the CFAI questions, but there’s not enough of them. Even though you can practice with the practice exams they may be as tough as the real exam, but you certainly don’t end up with the same scores! At least I didn’t

I feel like my scores didn’t make sense either. Last year I got band 9. This year I got band 6! < 50 on Econ, Portf Mngmnt, Ethics (I don’t know how i failed Ethics) > 70 in FI, Deriv, Corp Fin.

Don’t worry, you’re not alone in this nonsense! I didn’t even study PM and Alternative Investments and I managed to get >70 in both. However, I’m an Econ major and I supposedly failed Econ altough I barely ever got a question wrong in questions/tests… go figure!!

Ha-ha!!! People, you don’t understand that that is not a JUST failure. I failed the 3rd time (band 7) and I know that is not my failure, that is just an indication that I AM a failure. That’s simple!!! I am out of the industry since I am not good enough to get a job offer and visa sponsorship. I failed Level 2 THREE!!! times since I am just nobody. Unwanted Nobody (UN). So people before spending another 9 month of you life look at me and ask yourselves: I am going to end up like DSLHU another year!? Make your own suggestions… Smile. Split on your imege in the mirrow. Keep life fair and simple.

New to the forum… Any advice appreciated!! I scored band 7 last year and band 8 this year. I was scoring high 70s/low 80s on practice exams. I feel like i have nothing to lose, but I don’t want to go through the time and effort. I need some good success stories!

Don’t say that. Even if you passed, it would not have guaranteed you a job. People want to employ people they like, not people who think they are a failure. Go out and network rather than relying on a stupid exam to get you a job. Stay positive and you will eventually pass. DSLHU Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ha-ha!!! People, you don’t understand that that is > not a JUST failure. > > I failed the 3rd time (band 7) and I know that is > not my failure, that is just an indication that I > AM a failure. That’s simple!!! > > I am out of the industry since I am not good > enough to get a job offer and visa sponsorship. I > failed Level 2 THREE!!! times since I am just > nobody. Unwanted Nobody (UN). > > So people before spending another 9 month of you > life look at me and ask yourselves: I am going to > end up like DSLHU another year!? Make your own > suggestions… Smile. Split on your imege in the > mirrow. Keep life fair and simple.

So I just passd level 1 with not so impressive scores as I had thought I would get. I recognized my ill preparation, namely taking Saturdays off from studying, and I am determined not to fail level 2 as I am 31 yo and dont have the luxury of time as Im sure most of you do. That being said, can anyone who failed share some of their perceived weaknesses in studying? Not enough time, no supplemental material, study groups, distractions etc that they would like to correct this time around?

The problem is that you cannot think you are a professional for nothing, without any reason, since because you are youself. Thinking like "I failed several times but I’ll rape it the next year’ is merely a sweat lie you are trying to sell to yourself. If you fail several times on the exam that almost half of people pass and do it several times it objectively shows you (and to everyone who see your resume) you are not a professional. The possible reasons are variouse, perhaps you are not smart as you thought (or you might be just stupid), perhaps you are not so intrested in the industry and perhaps you are not just never did it and have no expierience - that all does not matter. It’s just like an a doctor who mistakenely made you blind will tell “or, come on, that was just a failure”. that is not a failure. the doctor is a failure. and when you fail several times Level 2 (not even Level 3) that is not a failure. That’s just an objectiove mark of who you are. Perhaps you could change a direction. To became a cab driver or super guard. Donna know. I wiil stay a clark all my life. And that’s fair. I would advice for many ‘not so succesful’ multiple Level 2 takers: "PEOPLE, NEVER LOOK AT PIECE YOU CANNOT BITE’. Understand who you are and just get it: zero abilities => zero ambitions. If ambitions are >0 => B-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-G PAIN. Simple. storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t say that. Even if you passed, it would not > have guaranteed you a job. > People want to employ people they like, not people > who think they are a failure. > > Go out and network rather than relying on a stupid > exam to get you a job. > Stay positive and you will eventually pass. > > DSLHU Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Ha-ha!!! People, you don’t understand that that > is > > not a JUST failure. > > > > I failed the 3rd time (band 7) and I know that > is > > not my failure, that is just an indication that > I > > AM a failure. That’s simple!!! > > > > I am out of the industry since I am not good > > enough to get a job offer and visa sponsorship. > I > > failed Level 2 THREE!!! times since I am > just > > nobody. Unwanted Nobody (UN). > > > > So people before spending another 9 month of > you > > life look at me and ask yourselves: I am going > to > > end up like DSLHU another year!? Make your own > > suggestions… Smile. Split on your imege in > the > > mirrow. Keep life fair and simple.

dude. STFU and go away already.

DSLHU, I understand your frustation but don’t forget this was just an exam. Life has many things to offer. Enjoy your life and stop thinking about CFA for next few months.