Check ur progress thread.

Hi guys, The race has well and truly begun. Hoping we can use this thread to benchmark ourselves and see how our fellow soldiers are trekking. I just finished Study Session 1, and hoping to knock out a Study Session a week, this should place me to finish week ending April 10. how far is everyone else?

Broken down by source of reading: CFAI: SS 1,2,4,8,9,14,15 Stalla: SS 1,2,3,4,5, in the middle of 6 right now

Approx 350 pages to go and then I will have covered the entire curriculum,for the first time!

Finishing up CFAI Equity text today! one book down…

Used to be a regular on this forum but havn’t posted here since failing Level II back in 2008. Anyway, I decided to begin with equity, on December 1st, using only the CFAI texts. I felt like schweser didn’t fully prepare me for Level II like it did for Level I. Or maybe I’m just making excuses. Anyhow, it’s back to the grind for me. I’m scheduled to get through the books by the middle of April. Perdition, I’ll see you at the finish line…I’ll be bringing up the rear. Cheers

jalmy8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Used to be a regular on this forum but havn’t > posted here since failing Level II back in 2008. > Anyway, I decided to begin with equity, on > December 1st, using only the CFAI texts. I felt > like schweser didn’t fully prepare me for Level II > like it did for Level I. Or maybe I’m just making > excuses. Anyhow, it’s back to the grind for me. > I’m scheduled to get through the books by the > middle of April. > Perdition, I’ll see you at the finish line…I’ll > be bringing up the rear. > > Cheers wow jalmy your thoughts on the exam mirror my own. i felt like a deer in the headlights on the exam and felt underprepared as well although I was killing the Schweser exams. scoring around 70% on the CFAI mock tests I knew it would be close. 8 band was a disappointment to say the least

I have PM/Derivatives/Quant + 2 FI readings left Then I’ll circle back and start doing all the EOC questions. I’m hoping that I’ll be doing questions by mid January.

I think that switching to the CFAI texts will prove to be a good choice. Hell, if I’m forced to spend my saturday nights at Starbucks alongside a bunch of wannabe hipster teenage kids (who i swear all frequent Starbucks after 8pm on the weekend…and I don’t even live downtown in NY), I might as well study from the real thing…right?

Interesting perspective on Schweser guys, I had planned to purchase the program for L2 in January. I still think I will go with that plan, but will revert to CFA texts and end of chapter q’s, once again, where as I hardly glanced at them before. I would hate to fail in June, on the basis that I had tried to save too much £$€. Schweser really made the difference to me for L1.

In reference to Equity coverage, I agree Schweser gave a very abbreviated overview to Equity and unfortunately not much has changed for 2010. Schweser notes focused too much on non relevant topics (i.e. what is the difference btwn price driven vs order driven market, when to use WACC vs required return). If I recall I got stunned on exam day for not knowing how to forecast a FCFF or FCFE and describe the order of trades for an order driven market. BTW …wrapped up Derivatives and finishing Equity within the next week. Covered all EOC atleast once maybe twice.

Whoa. Looks like I’m a bit behind!!! Will need to pick up my pace. For now using Schweser only and planning to use CFA text to study areas I fail on EOC questions!!! Finished SS 2 this morning, I have to say i prefer schweser summary of SS2 compared to CFAi, will knock out EOC questions tonite and hopefully dig into SS3. My schedule was to do one a week, but I’m thinking I can have SS3 knocked out by Sunday! Keep up the good fight homies! p.s Any one with experience from using Schweser to study and CFAI for questions?? coz thats the way i am going.

through book 1, which was horrible…doing FSA right now, which is also horrible. hopefully corp finance will be better

Finished Quant (CFAI and Schweser) and almost done Econ (Schweser). Man, I feel so behind after reading all of the progress you all are making. Time to pick it up!

I skipped ethics for now, and am otherwise following the curriculum in order (roughly). I’ve done stats, economics, and accounting, and I’m doing corporate finance now. My short term goal is to read that and alternative investments, and then take a break until January 2nd.

Started on Derivatives/Port mgmt. Finished Reading SS16 (readings 58, 59). Just finishing up options, reading 60.

Hmm slacked off the past 2 days, but given I am well within my goal of 1 SS a week… hmm hoping to get in about 10 hours on the weekend!

now that football season is about to end I’m going to improve the effort. I’m starting on Econ right now and hope to have the first book done before xmas. Goal is to get through both CFAI books and Schweser mid april and then go all out on the practice exams up until June. Studying for L2 is a completely different animal than L1.

Finished Ethics,Economics,Derivatives (Schweser & CFAI books…)

Finished CFAI readings for Ethics (although I skipped through most of the repeat material), Quant (definitely need to revisit a lot of this), and Econ. I’m hoping to finish the rest of book 2 this weekend…it’s been dragging. I’m reading through the EOC questions, but not really solving most on my own yet. I’m going through the Qbank casually (in down time at work) to re-review and get a deeper understanding for the things I’ve already read. After I read all the CFAI books, I’m going to focus on questions (EOC Schweser, EOC CFAI, and Qbank tests). Then I plan to drill down on the areas that I’m having trouble with to really get an understanding and hopefully be able to solve all the CFAI EOC questions on my own. After that, mocks and constant qbank.

Done my initial readings/note taking of all CFAI books except Equity, and Alternative Valuation and Fixed Income. Have done EOC questions for Quant Methods… but that is a slow process. Probably order Stalla Pass Master after Xmas. I really like PassMaster for Level 1. Did anyone do both PassMaster and Scwieser Qbank? Maybe its just me, but I learn best by doing a ton of questions