Equations we are highly unlikely to have to use

Can anyone list some equations we will be highly unlikely to have to memorize for the exam. There are so many of them and I don’t want to waste my time memorizing equations that have little chance of showing up on the exam

…sorry the batteries in my crystal ball need replacing.

If the equation isn’t covered in some capacity in the LOS, you don’t need to know it. Anything else is fair game.

tongue in cheek response. all the FCF stuff is such crap. Ignore them. definitely remember the Don Chance equations for FRA. (They are really beautiful) Depend on this at your own peril. Read and form your own opinion.

If it has a bolded number highlighted in blue next to it (ie. (1),(2),(3), etc.) I would learn at least how to use it.

One to forget… H-Model required return r = (D0/P0)*((1+gl)+H*(gs-gl))+gl

flushdraw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One to forget… > H-Model required return > r = (D0/P0)*((1+gl)+H*(gs-gl))+gl guys pls do not mislead each other, there was a good Qn on the H-Model last year. i think its just safe to grasp all the equations

CFA300 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > flushdraw Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > One to forget… > > H-Model required return > > r = (D0/P0)*((1+gl)+H*(gs-gl))+gl > > > guys pls do not mislead each other, there was a > good Qn on the H-Model last year. i think its just > safe to grasp all the equations +1 There have always been questions which -are mentioned in the LOS - are only covered barely in the CFAI. - not mentioned at all in other vendors’ text so if you guys want to speculate, you are wasting your time and living dangerously. Learn whatever you can. If you run out of time, then speculate but do it consciously, but not out of laziness.

elcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There have always been questions which > -are mentioned in the LOS > - are only covered barely in the CFAI. > - not mentioned at all in other vendors’ text > > so if you guys want to speculate, you are wasting > your time and living dangerously. > > Learn whatever you can. If you run out of time, > then speculate but do it consciously, but not out > of laziness. +1

…after sitting for the exam in June 2009 I felt 75-80% of the material I studied was not even covered on the exam so there maybe a good strategy here… On that note, I am still seeking applications for this L2 Retaker position for 2011. Qualified candidates need only focus on study notes and crunch all Qbank questions. Candidates should be able to discuss the Normal Backwardation and Contango. Ability to answer all challenge questions is a plus.

elcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFA300 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > flushdraw Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > One to forget… > > > H-Model required return > > > r = (D0/P0)*((1+gl)+H*(gs-gl))+gl > > > > > > guys pls do not mislead each other, there was a > > good Qn on the H-Model last year. i think its > just > > safe to grasp all the equations > > +1 > There have always been questions which > -are mentioned in the LOS > - are only covered barely in the CFAI. > - not mentioned at all in other vendors’ text > > so if you guys want to speculate, you are wasting > your time and living dangerously. > > Learn whatever you can. If you run out of time, > then speculate but do it consciously, but not out > of laziness. Yeah but there isn’t much marginal benefit for knowing this r formula. If they ask for the required rate on a h-model you can just plug the numbers on the H-model formula and solve for r. Another one, from the same reading, that is just waste of time is the direct formula for the 2 stage ddm (pg 155 on schweser book 3)

…a qualified candidate has arrived? We can also skip FCFF if we can solve for FCFE too.

The equations you can’t remember on exam day

Schweser Quick Sheet is a great “cheat sheet”, but not perfect…a little too condensed.

All the equations in Quant…, cuz they all suck!

Damil4real Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All the equations in Quant…, cuz they all suck! +10000000 I hate this nuclear science "QUANT "

Black Scholes and Treynor Black equations.

We don’t need to memorize the BS formula?? GREAT!

The Tiger Woods Net Worth Calculation Your future net worth = your current net worth - $10MM*(#mistresses)*(length of affair in years) - NPV of endorsement deals you lost Sorry, had to throw one in.

BizBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Tiger Woods Net Worth Calculation > > Your future net worth = your current net worth - > $10MM*(#mistresses)*(length of affair in years) - > NPV of endorsement deals you lost > > Sorry, had to throw one in. Lol…ouch