2010 Secret Sauce

Is now being shipped. My CC was charged last evening… Definitely look forward to getting my hands on it…I credit Secret Sauce for helping me to pass Level 1.

Yeah I’m looking forward to this too. Going back through the CFA text doing EOC questions but would be great to have something to remind me of the outline.

yea got the UPS notification last night. Would be a good ready during the commute.

r-man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what is this secret sauce? Have you ever had a Big Mac…

Secret Sauce Schweser’s Secret Sauce® is the ideal companion to your more comprehensive study tools like SchweserNotes™ and Instruction. In the months before the CFA® Exam, this handy and compact two-books-in-one combo outlines what you need to know and provides insights on how to apply your hard-earned knowledge successfully on exam day. The Secret Sauce® portion of this book offers a concise and readable explanation of the major parts of the CFA® curriculum. Within the Secret Sauce®, Schweser’s team of expert authors provides: Key concepts in finance and accounting Learning Outcome Statements (LOS) that are applicable to other LOS Complex concepts that are difficult for candidates The second half of the Schweser’s Secret Sauce® book includes essential exam strategies that give you important guidance on how to pass the exam by offering: Tips and tricks on how to apply your knowledge and basic strategies to follow A plan for the last week before exam day Topic-by-topic listing of high probability exam topics Time management hints Analysis of level-specific question styles

How much does it cost?

It’s like $100 or something, I forget how much I paid. I’m looking forward to mine. have done all CFAI books and most of the EOCs there but really need something to start tying it all together!

Anyone get it yet-mine is arriving in the mail today. Is it pathetic that I am stoked to finally have this thing?

okiew5 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone get it yet-mine is arriving in the mail > today. Is it pathetic that I am stoked to finally > have this thing? Ha ha ha, I am as pathetic as you. I was pretty excited to see it on my door steps yesterday. I was surprise that the book size is smaller than the others. I did not use it for Level I. Looking forward to use it along with the lecture slides for reviewing.

SS was my KEY for level I. memorize it, and you’re golden

Got my secret sauce today, and I’m glad. I’ve taken a good look at it and really condenses a lot of concepts. It’s not the be-all and end-all of studying, but it’s very good at cutting the crap and telling you what you need to know. Like others here I didn’t use it *too* much at level 1, but now at level 2 I need all the help I can get. By the way, how much did it cost you? The list price is $99 but my credit card was only charged $70! I was happy at that!

Just started reading it on the train last night, it seems very well put together like last year’s.

It’s $100, or $70 if you’ve purchased one of their packages. I got it a few days ago. I’m just finishing the notes this weekend, so I’m going to go into it after that. A few days of reading that, then into the CFA text problems. I find it useful for level one, as it allows you to build a strong foundation of everything you need to know. You need to spend a lot of time on the notes and texts besides that, but it helps organize your mind a bit.

Started looking at it as well, but not sure how beneficial it will be for L2 vs L1. Was very helpful for L1, but from what I’ve read on the forum, CFAI likes to test very minute details.