Where are you with your studies!!!!

Hi guys, Now that we are about 2.5 months away from LII exams, I was wondering how many of you have already completed the whole curriculum and finished the EOC too. I have finished my 1st time reading, but honestly when I try to hit EOC right now, I can’t remember much of the LOS. That’s so discouraging :-(. I’m really starting to freak out. Any advice is welcomed.

the thing about the EOC questions for me is, the vast majority of them are not MC or vignette style. Are they really that helpful? I find that when its a MC style question, alot of times you can eliminate certain choices, etc., and “find the answer”, so I don’t know if you should freak about not doing great on the EOC… BUt I’m pretty sure i’m going to bomb on this thing, so don’t listen to anything i say…

Will be done first pass by 1st or 2nd week of April. Have been making notes the whole way through. After first pass will review my notes and my 30 - 40 pages of “memorizing” notes and do as many questions and practice exams as possible. Will read ethics a couple of times over on the bus. Assuming I’m done 1st pass before April 15, I should be ok.

Ive done the first book but with EOCs. Learning a good deal. On the second book now and continuing!

I’ve been through all of CFA and EOCs once now. now going back and doing EoCs again and making notes on things that I wasn’t that clear on before. Then going to do Schweser secret sauce a few times and hit the Schweser Practice exams which did so much good for me before level one…

still doing stalla…did all EOCs up to equity reading 40…forgot all of it wtf

Having covered CFA & Schweser notes and Eoc, a mock exam and probably a 1000 odd q bank questions…I am not going to pass yet! I have days when a lot of this seems like common sense and the exam seems passable,other days when I forgot something crucial I thought I knew, the prospect of clearing L2 seems unlikely! The point of my rambling is this, if you are sitting the L2 exam for the first time, will any of us feel totally prepared by June, no matter how much we study?

This last post is trully depressing… If you have really done all this studying and are continuing, you are going to pass! I am only reading Schweser and have only covered FRA, fixed income and half of quant and have only done the schweser questions. Not the best position but I am still planning to pass in June! Calm down guys, there is still time.

cfaj09…What do you mean “If you have really done all this studying”? Do you think I wrote that to make myself look interesting!!! I have genuinely put the work in, at some point it may all click, but there is definitely a difference in the weight of material of L2 compared to L1, which I struggle with when it comes to recall after a couple of weeks. As you rightly say, there is still time to improve.

I’m just finishing up with Stalla (Lectures & Passmaster), and I hope to move on to CFAI EOC’s next week. If the exam were today, I figure at this point I have about a 5% chance of passing with a standard deviation of ~3%. Unfortunately I’ve reached a point where there are diminishing marginal returns for every incremental hour I study. But for motivation I think of the high NPV of all the work I am doing. It’s hopefully going to create a large FCFBF (Free-cash-flow-to-Booze Fund ). We all have the option to put our books away, but we should factor in the value of the dividends this exam pays in the future. So, I’m off to study portfolio management.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the thing about the EOC questions for me is, the > vast majority of them are not MC or vignette > style. Are they really that helpful? > > I find that when its a MC style question, alot of > times you can eliminate certain choices, etc., and > “find the answer”, so I don’t know if you should > freak about not doing great on the EOC… > > BUt I’m pretty sure i’m going to bomb on this > thing, so don’t listen to anything i say… I actually find the questions very useful, I’ve been working my way through all of the EOC questions after reading and taking notes for a first pass. What I find is some of the brute force questions that seem so pointless reinforce the basic concepts, so when I get to the vignette questions they’re so much easier because I’ve been able to plow through the rough stuff first. My basic conclusion is that the material isn’t difficult if you spend the time to read and understand it’s the shear amount and small bits of detail that needs to be remembered.

I totally agree with you. L II has nothing to do with L I. I find it 10x more difficult. There’s so much stuff to remember.

I’ve gotten through about 60% of the CFAI texts and EOCQ thus far. Amping up my studying big time now.

I’ll be finishing up with derivatives and starting PM this week. Should be done this weekend or early next week with the CFAI material. Did every one of the CFA EOC questions. They help big time in really drilling down on what they want u to know and want you to take out of the reading. Sometimes I read the chapter then when I do the questions I get blind sided by a question that I didn’t even think they could ask. So very important, do all of the EOC questions (even the ones that aren’t multiple choice!). After I’m done with PM, I’m gonna go back and review Econ because those 2 subjects are similar. Then I wanna look over quant and FSA. All of that should take a week or 2 max. After that, I’ll have about 2 months to switch to Stalla and take some practice exams. I’ll read over the sections in the CFAI text that correspond to the questions I got wrong from the practice tests. U can’t waste time going back to the beginning and reading everything all over again because you’re just gonna keep forgetting sh*t. Best to start taking practice exams on the whole material asap. Other than that, I’m hoping for better luck with this exam second time around.

I just started reading. Just finished the 1st chapter of quant related to simple linear regressions…planning to pass on June

I’m not even half way done reading the curriculum for the first time, yet!! I’m just finishing up Corp. Finance.

If there is a higher being, he probably does not want me to finish the Level 2. Whenever I get down to it… I get a string of interviews only to end up with nothing. So in the past 2-3 weeks I’ve only been prepping for interviews. Now, I feel like I haven’t even started, or done anything of value. FML

I have all of Fixed Income and about 2/3 of PM to go, my plan is to be finished with about 50-80 retention on everything but April 3. Then spend the last 9 more weeks drilling deeper by doing allot of questions. As stated prior the material is very deep and to me quite a bit harder than L1.

I have just started with Fixed income and one more topic to go ie Ethics. With that, I will wrap up my studies by 6th April, why 6 April? That’s my birthday!!! and after that guess what? I am going to follow 3 Ps 1. Practice 2. Preview 3. Positive visualization I strongly believe that 3’P’ strategy will (at least) lead to face this monster with confidence instead of other P, which is ‘Panic’ Dear friends, Don’t ‘Panic’ instead have ‘Positive visualization’, we can definitely embrace this exam. Don’t focus on the result first, do your duty the BEST and leave the rest to GOD. Good luck every body!!!

Auro Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have just started with Fixed income and one more > topic to go ie Ethics. With that, I will wrap up > my studies by 6th April, why 6 April? > > That’s my birthday!!! and after that guess > what? I am going to follow 3 Ps > > 1. Practice > 2. Preview > 3. Positive visualization > > I strongly believe that 3’P’ strategy will (at > least) lead to face this monster with confidence > instead of other P, which is ‘Panic’ > > Dear friends, Don’t ‘Panic’ instead have ‘Positive > visualization’, we can definitely embrace this > exam. > > Don’t focus on the result first, do your duty the > BEST and leave the rest to GOD. > > Good luck every body!!! Fully agree with you Auro ,anyway i think that level 2 is hard as Level 1 ,in level 1 we lacked the infrastructure ,so the material was hard at that time ,in level 2 the material is harder ,but the time you spent in level 1 will help .