Order of studying

I tend to mix up the study sessions instead of studying them in order. For example, I might decide to study the Derivatives section before the Quant section. Could someone pls recommend sections that require the knowledge of any prerequisite sections? Thanks!

It is better if you study the books in order, since the exam will be in the same order.

The sections seems pretty independent of each other, so you can get away with studying them in any order. Just make sure you cover them all.

The general consensus has been to start derivatives early, since it is one of the tougher study sessions.

Thanks guys- I’m about to finish book 2, so guess I’ll do derivatives next followed by the remaining material in order.

My preference is to go in order no matter what, the exam is laid out the same way so I find it imprints a certain pattern of thinking and answering come exam time. Plus I feel in some (possibly non-existent) ways that going in order uses prior knowledge. But I have known people who study completely from PM/Derivs back to ethics and quant and passed, so no biggie!

Switching back and forth keeps me interested. I get bored if I stick to a particular topic too long. I completed 2 FRA study sessions, got really bored, so did 2 Quant chapters (got tired of it by the time I finished Multiple Regression). So I’m currently doing Corporate Finance- once I’m done, I plan to finish the final FRA study session followed by the remaining Quant. Oh by the way, I keep an Excel log to ensure I cover all topics.

rish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Switching back and forth keeps me interested. I > get bored if I stick to a particular topic too > long. > > I completed 2 FRA study sessions, got really > bored, so did 2 Quant chapters (got tired of it by > the time I finished Multiple Regression). So I’m > currently doing Corporate Finance- once I’m done, > I plan to finish the final FRA study session > followed by the remaining Quant. Oh by the way, I > keep an Excel log to ensure I cover all topics. Yeah i keep track on Excel too. I didnt follow an order as well but one thing i noticed in L1 and even L2…Quant should be done before PM. So since you are done with Quant already, you can follow any track you like. For me, L2 was just too scary and i kept putting off harder sections for later, so by now I am done with all the easy ones and left with a big portion of hard topics like Quant, Fixed income and derivatives lined up next…aahhh…

I have always studied in order of importance. I started with Equity and FSA and I will re-read Equity and FSA over the next two weeks. Then the practice exams will serve as re-study for all of the other sections (as well as for Equity and FSA again). I already started doing some of the practice exams and I can tell that I’m better in the bigger sections, but it’s not good enough to even come close to passing at this time.

my order is also by importance: ethics, FSA, equity and then everything else as in notes