anybody starting this late?

Just curious. I think I am screwed. And I blame myself. I don’t think I can honestly manage 3 hours a day. And even if I can that does not seem to be enough time…

I started reading the Schweser notes in early Feb and only finished my first pass while making notes a week ago. I’m now trying to go through everything again and doing some EOC along the way but it’s tough. Intercoporate Investments EOC just crushed me now…I can imagine how you feel.

I suggest you look up posts by a fellow named f2d from 2009. Might give you some motivation.

I looked up f2d’s post. I don’t doubt his study methods. However, no one knows whether he’s been studying all along since his L1 pass in Dec. 2008. If it’s true, then good for him. It’s very easy to create fabrications on an anonymous forum.

If you can pass starting this late, you are a God and I bow down to your eminence…

^^ what happens when you pass you change your twitter? Or do you just expect to be stuck at LII for a while?

You are well on track with 80% of the people sitting for the L2 exams this June. AF people are outliers and start way too early relative to the general taker. As long as you can squeak out 3 hours daily, I think you are going to be prepped very well. One very important tip I received is that do not study over 6 hours daily, because all the information will simply be obliterated the following morning. It is optimum to take in 2 hours daily, in my opinion. Aim for at least 250 hours total, if you want a chance in passing.

@pgh.ndt You can change twitter names easily, I’ll just update it come August once the results are out…

I’ve been going since december and still feel like i know NOTHING

f2d’s post’s quite inspiring. I think I ma pass this darn test now! Good luck everyone!

I have not read f2d’s post. But let me share what Peter Olinto said in one of his preview lectures i attended: 1. 1% of CFA candidates will ALWAYS pass no matter how LITTLE they study. 2. Another 1% of CFA candidates will NEVER pass no matter how MUCH they study. 3. For the rest of 98%, passing is directly proportional to how many hours we are able to put in. If you are in this 98%, get to your books as soon and give in the required time it demands. If you can schedule some 350-400 of your hrs, you should have a very good chance. Good Luck and Happy Reading.

I started 2 weeks ago and have clocked at least 40 hours.

I started in this March … must have clocked 130 - 150 hrs by now, barely done with 25 % of the syllabus. So if you are efficient, you can still make it. Just put in the hours. Of course it’d be futile if one is not gonna try hard and that would apply to me as well.

I’ve read through most of the material (couldn’t stand reading the last derivatives chapter, and still have a little bit of portfolio management left). I started doing some Schweser Practice tests and they are dominating me. I feel like I’m way behind where I was on L1 at this time. I feel like I need to be able to get a raw score of 70 in two weeks and I just don’t think I’ll be able to do it. I think I’m going to read the accounting book and the equity book all over again and try to make sure that I can get raw scores in the 80% range, then hope I can get good enough at some of the other sections that I get in the 50-60% ranges on them and see if that’s good enough. It sucks, because I felt like I was doing well on L1 8 weeks before the exam and it was a huge incentive to keep working hard, the opposite is taking effect this time and since I feel like I’m going to fail it’s a huge disincentive to keep working hard.

^ Well it’s a good thing you have two more months left. This ain’t Level I.

Ever heard of 2 a days in football? That should apply to you for the next 2 months.

…I think this would be an appropriate time to start a thread of how someone knew someone at their workplace that study L2 in two months with just the study notes and passed.

I know this guy from my previous job. His distant cousin was a llama herder. He went to a seminar once thinking it was an animal husbandry class on how to remove ticks from llamas. It turned out to be the exam hall for second level of the CFA exams. He felt conscious about leaving the hall so he filed out the form in front of him and answered some standard finance question he had learned from his other llama herder friends. He passed first time round….we still have a chance.

Of course he showed his LLama driving license to the exam hall staff ? And he had paid for the exam and got a valid Id and everything ? Of course . He is fooling No One !! He wants to be an ace hedger for LLama milk and is improving his skills in Portfolio Management after studying for the CFA exam.

I heard from a Llama who is a friend of a member of that Llama herd that the llama herder was too busy trading with another herder to go to the seminar and ended up sending one of the llamas to act on his behave to take notes and represent his interest and THAT Llama took the exam and passed with one pencil and two spits!!! During break, he made a phone call back to the llama herder to say it was going well. The ethics question is, should the Llama herder get the credit for passing the exam or the Llama? Considering that the Llama is “property” owed by the llama herder. BTW: This is what an ethics question on L2 sounds like.